Bucket Hook Placement

/ Bucket Hook Placement #31  
I like the receiver idea, I just wouldn't trust the "bolt on" idea, wouldn't trust the bolts,
especially only two on the hooks.
I would feel more comfortable with them welded.

My only concern is the strength of the FEL Bucket in the middle where the "2x2 Bolt-On Hitch" is mounted but for what I will be using it for it will be more than strong enough.

Shear strength of Grade 8 3/8" bolts is 9,939.6# each (per: https://nucor-fastener.com/Files/PDFs/TechDataSheets/TDS_013_Shear_Strength.pdf). Thats almost 20,000# for 2 bolts.
If they are 1/2" bolts like Ken sells with his kits, they have a shear strength of 17,670.6# each (or ~35,000# for two).

Aaron Z

First off the mounting plate is thick enough to weld on if you so chose to, welded it would add to the overall strength of the bucket.
Second, I do not need more strength than the Bolt-On Hooks will supply.
Third, I recently moved to SoCal and all my tools are still in storage, at least until the new shop is in so mounting was a concern and the "Bolt-On Hooks" fit the bill perfectly.

So for me... Bolt-On Hooks were convenient, are strong enough for anything I need to do and very cost effective, so this is a no-brainer... BUY Bolt-On Hooks !

/ Bucket Hook Placement #32  
Have you seen any of the videos on my website? Or are you just making a blanket statement condemning my product with no evidence?

Under extreme conditions, a weld can fail also.

No, didn't mean to condemn your product in any way,
sorry if you took it this way, nor did i see your videos.
The statement "I' made was not blanket, but as I stated, was my own personal preference,
we all have them , you know;) I prefer "weld's" on my hook's, Do You have a problem with that?

/ Bucket Hook Placement #33  
No, didn't mean to condemn your product in any way,
sorry if you took it this way, nor did i see your videos.
The statement "I' made was not blanket, but as I stated, was my own personal preference,
we all have them , you know;) I prefer "weld's" on my hook's, Do You have a problem with that?
The second part of your post agrees with this statement, the first (bolded) does not.
I like the receiver idea, I just wouldn't trust the "bolt on" idea, wouldn't trust the bolts,
especially only two on the hooks.

I would feel more comfortable with them welded.

Aaron Z

/ Bucket Hook Placement #34  
The second part of your post agrees with this statement, the first (bolded) does not.

Aaron Z

That's his opinion, He is allowed that I hope. Give the guy a break.

/ Bucket Hook Placement #35  

Aaron Z

Well, thats only my opinion, personally...I would feel more comfortable with 4 bolts, one on each corner, but thats just me.
And thats only if I didn't have the knowledge or own a welder.
Their great, I'm sure, for people who don't have the equipment to weld or the knowledge.
Like I said, I am in no way putting them down, they have their purpose and on smaller machines will work just fine, I presume.
I've only owned bigger machines, Grand "L's" and up, so this is where my thoughts are coming from.
I'm also well aware of what a grade "8" bolt can handle.
As an X grade-man, the only hooks I've seen on machines were welded on, so I may be a bit brain washed on them.
Maybe if Ken sent me a free set, I could try them out...lol:eek:;)

Thanks Murphy.