idyllic ag area, happy workers, good food, exotic beautiful women, Brazil is GREAT

/ idyllic ag area, happy workers, good food, exotic beautiful women, Brazil is GREAT #1  

texasjohn

Tractor
Kubota Grand L5030HSTC
my son married a Brazilian, family is now visiting us in USA. I have to agree that they are the happiest people and most accepting people I have ever run into, as a group. However, there is yet an even more wonderful farming community, as reported below...and, it's past April, 1!!

MailOnline visits Noiva do Cordeiro with 300 women looking for love | Daily Mail Online
The houses are painted lilac, pink and orange, the trees are delicately-manicured and tied with ribbons, and the scent of fresh lavender floats in the breeze.
Everything in Noiva do Cordeiro, nestling deep in the hills of southeast Brazil, has a distinctive feminine touch.
And no wonder: the rural town, which lies 300 miles north of Rio de Janeiro, is populated and governed almost entirely by 600 women - 300 of whom are of working age and eligible.

https://www.facebook.com/noivadocordeirocomunidaderural

Does it get any better than this??

/ idyllic ag area, happy workers, good food, exotic beautiful women, Brazil is GREAT #2  
That's an unusual story.

/ idyllic ag area, happy workers, good food, exotic beautiful women, Brazil is GREAT #3  
That reminds me of the old Tarzan and the Amazons movie. Beautiful women, but to have one, you have to live there with their lifestyle. I am sure most men (and women) prefer some if not all of todays amenities like TV, radio, phone etc and prefer to not "work in the fields everyday" like the article explains that the women do everyday.

/ idyllic ag area, happy workers, good food, exotic beautiful women, Brazil is GREAT #4  
Spent a week in Rio, great food, drinks and women. Crime not so great!

mark

/ idyllic ag area, happy workers, good food, exotic beautiful women, Brazil is GREAT #5  
my son married a Brazilian, family is now visiting us in USA. I have to agree that they are the happiest people and most accepting people I have ever run into, as a group. However, there is yet an even more wonderful farming community, as reported below...and, it's past April, 1!!

MailOnline visits Noiva do Cordeiro with 300 women looking for love | Daily Mail Online
The houses are painted lilac, pink and orange, the trees are delicately-manicured and tied with ribbons, and the scent of fresh lavender floats in the breeze.
Everything in Noiva do Cordeiro, nestling deep in the hills of southeast Brazil, has a distinctive feminine touch.
And no wonder: the rural town, which lies 300 miles north of Rio de Janeiro, is populated and governed almost entirely by 600 women - 300 of whom are of working age and eligible.

https://www.facebook.com/noivadocordeirocomunidaderural

Does it get any better than this??

What did the women do to get rid of the men? :shocked::eek::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ idyllic ag area, happy workers, good food, exotic beautiful women, Brazil is GREAT
I think it's complicated. I did a copy/paste from some of the newspaper reports below.....long established community, exceptionally tight, rules foreign to outside men. Men leave their world and join theirs...seems that is kinda opposite what most of us experience...

The lopsided gender balance of the village stretches back to its roots in the late 19th century. Translating as 澱ride of the lamb? the village was founded by Maria Senhorinha de Lima, who settled here when she was accused of adultery and exiled from her church and home in 1891.
The stigma has never fully disappeared. 展e were totally isolated because of the prejudice we faced as a result, says Rosalee Fernandes, 49, who is a fourth-generation member of the village and has been fighting a campaign to ensure that the authorities do not continue to sideline the community.

More than 600 women live in the town of Noiva do Cordeiro, south-east Brazil. And most of them are aged between 20 and 35 years old.

Now they have extended an invitation to potential suitors. But don't start packing your bags just yet - any men who go have to understand that this corner of the Brazilian countryside is very much a woman's world.

Some of Noiva de Cordeiro's women are already married and have families, but their husbands - and any sons over 18 - are made to work away from home and only allowed to return at the weekends.

It means girl power rules in the rural community, with women in charge of every aspect of life - from farming to town planning and even religion.

There are lots of things that women do better than men. Our town is prettier, more organised, and far more harmonious than if men were in charge,' said Rosalee Fernandes, 49.

'When problems or disputes arise, we resolve them in a woman's way, trying to find consensus rather than conflict.

'We share everything, even the land we work on. Nobody competes with anyone here. It's all for one, and one for all.

'The whole town came together recently to help buy a huge widescreen TV for our community centre so we can all watch soap operas together.

'And there's always time to stop and gossip, try on each other's clothes and do each other's hair and nails.'

The lack of eligible bachelors has now led the community's many single young ladies for make an appeal for interested men - but only those willing to adapt to living in a women's world.

Ms Fernandes said: 'We'd like to get to know men who would leave their own lives and come to be a part of ours.

'But first they need to agree to do what we say and live according to our rules.'