What is the trick to smooth shifting?

/ What is the trick to smooth shifting? #21  
I started reading this thread after finding that when working the tractor several hours on a hot day it took a full 4 seconds for my gears to spin down before I could select another gear without any grinding. However, what I was doing was putting in the clutch and shifting to neutral before the tractor stopped and then waiting for it to stop before selecting the new gear. But what if you put the clutch in and let the tractor roll to a stop (using brakes or not) before taking it out of gear. In this case, the gears stay connected to the rear wheels until you are stopped so the instant the tractor stops the gears stop too. This should allow shifting as soon as you stop without waiting... of course this is my theory based on my understanding of my transmission. I have to go home and test it at some point.

Tried it this evening. Works just as I thought it would. No waiting to shift.

/ What is the trick to smooth shifting? #22  
The throw out bearing fitting is on the clutch pedal side of the transmission, just a couple of pumps of good grease. I use lithium "NGLI Group 2" made by Mystik. Over greasing can put excess grease in the clutch housing and it can be thrown all over the clutch plates. Remenber just 2 or 3 pumps and you will be GTG.

/ What is the trick to smooth shifting? #23  
The throw out bearing fitting is on the clutch pedal side of the transmission, just a couple of pumps of good grease. I use lithium "NGLI Group 2" made by Mystik. Over greasing can put excess grease in the clutch housing and it can be thrown all over the clutch plates. Remenber just 2 or 3 pumps and you will be GTG.

Thank you sir!

/ What is the trick to smooth shifting? #24  
If you are having trouble, move sub shifter to neutral, then gear shifter to gear, then sub shifter to range you would like. Should not grind.

/ What is the trick to smooth shifting? #25  
I own a 2017 2545 mahindra and had the same problem. I believe it’s the cable on the shifter. I removed they and drilled a hole on floor board and add a straight shifter (Shopmade) and took care of that problem. I love it and I don’t have to reach up to the steering column to shift. I place it on my left easy to reach ,easy to shift. Total cost approximately $35.00 total hrs 2 not bad at all.