Mowing Time for a new belt on the mower deck.

/ Time for a new belt on the mower deck. #1  

davesl708

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200D,
Well they don't make them like they use to.
The double V belt on my MM mower deck has three vertical cracks in it. Time to replace it.
The belt only has 1100hrs on it and is only thirteen years old. What gives:confused3::laughing:

I only hope I get as much life out of the new belt. Their proud of them $.

/ Time for a new belt on the mower deck. #2  
Take it back and demand a replacement!

/ Time for a new belt on the mower deck. #3  
Mine is 15 years old 1400hrs.I plan to get a new one for Spring, but I am going to run the one till it breaks.Mine has cracks, but runs fine!

/ Time for a new belt on the mower deck. #4  
Well they don't make them like they use to.
The double V belt on my MM mower deck has three vertical cracks in it. Time to replace it.
The belt only has 1100hrs on it and is only thirteen years old. What gives:confused3::laughing:

I only hope I get as much life out of the new belt. Their proud of them $.

Just did that on mine recently. Only got 10 years from mine :) Amazed at how much better it cuts now. Old belt must have had way more slippage than I realized.

/ Time for a new belt on the mower deck.
Mine is 15 years old 1400hrs.I plan to get a new one for Spring, but I am going to run the one till it breaks.Mine has cracks, but runs fine!

I got cheated. I will demand a free replacement.

/ Time for a new belt on the mower deck. #8  

Bite the bullet now if you got that many hours. Belts breaking at a 1000 rpm's can do damage. JMO

/ Time for a new belt on the mower deck.
Bite the bullet now if you got that many hours. Belts breaking at a 1000 rpm's can do damage. JMO

Yes. a lot of tension and torque on that belt.