Capgun Criminal

/ Capgun Criminal #1  

Travelover

Elite Member
Tractor
B7100
I'm selling off a bunch of stuff and I posted a miniature 1960's cap gun (about 6" all in) on eBay. I got a notice that any toy gun must have an orange tip. OK , so I stuck an orange eraser tip on it and re-photographed it.

So, tonight I get a notice from eBay that it has been removed from listing, with a link to the penalties for such a crime. :laughing:

Has it really come to this?

Last edited:
   / Capgun Criminal #2  
Unfortunately, yes. There is no common sense.

/ Capgun Criminal #3  
I'm selling off a bunch of stuff and I posted a miniature 1960's cap gun (about 6" all in) on eBay. I got a notice that any toy gun must have an orange tip. OK , so I stuck an orange eraser tip on it and re-photographed it.

So, tonight I get a notice from eBay that it has been removed from listing, with a link to the penalties for such a crime. :laughing:

Has it really come to this?

I am afraid so..:mad:

/ Capgun Criminal #4  
Chew a pop tart in the shape of a gun and get expelled from 2nd grade in Anne arundel county md

/ Capgun Criminal #5  
Alphabet with the pistol removed:

A B C D E F G H I J K M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Bruce

/ Capgun Criminal #6  
Stick your hand in your coat pocket and make it look like you have a pistol while robbing a store and get charged for armed robbery in Ontario. That is IF you don't get shot by the cops. Drop the gun,bang! and a whole bunch more shots to make sure you have dropped the fictitious gun.

/ Capgun Criminal #7  
Sadly urban/suburban know it all self-proclaimed "elites" have an un-natural fear of guns...That being said, I really don't have much problem with the orange tip thing...May help the cops and some of us, maybe. No harm no foul there in my opinion.

But a '60's cap gun, good grief--that wasn't a glimmer in anyone's eye back then--I wasn't either (until the late 60's anyway).

This is what happens when we put todays standards on history.

/ Capgun Criminal #8  
Stick your hand in your coat pocket and make it look like you have a pistol while robbing a store and get charged for armed robbery in Ontario..

And not just in Ontario. It is a valid charge. It isn't what you have that counts in court, it is what the victim thinks you have and claiming you have one just adds to it.

Harry K

/ Capgun Criminal #9  
And not just in Ontario. It is a valid charge. It isn't what you have that counts in court, it is what the victim thinks you have and claiming you have one just adds to it.

Harry K
That is IF the cops don't happen along after their harrowing experience at Tim Hortons and blow you away. To make sure you are dead even though after the first shots (3) you are down and no longer a threat they will pump another 6-9 into you just to make sure you are dead.