Show your targets...

/ Show your targets... #11  
FWIW...
In a bygone era...I remember one particular Boy Scout troop meeting where a trick shot artist put on a demonstration... Won't see this happen these days (for both good and bad reasons)..This took place in a medium sized meeting hall of a local church...probably 45 scouts and parents etc...
the audience was separated in half by an isle that provided a shooting lane...to a target stand and trap...
Most of the shooting was with a .38 revolver with "demonstration" loads but with wad cutter lead bullets...open sights...

This guy did some amazing stuff from about 25'...like cutting playing cards in half, lighting matches, shooting out candles etc., etc...after that meeting/show all of us scouts wanted more so the troop leaders started getting us some time on the range with .22's...been hooked since...!

One other thing I remember he did was shoot a card in half shooting backwards over his shoulder using a diamond ring (from the audience) to reflect the sight line...(after the successful shot he joked that only a real diamond would work)...
It was a great way to introduce the younger and new comers to the sport of shooting...even if it did smoke up the hall...the smell of cordite still sparks the memory...

/ Show your targets...
FWIW...
In a bygone era...I remember one particular Boy Scout troop meeting where a trick shot artist put on a demonstration... Won't see this happen these days (for both good and bad reasons)..This took place in a medium sized meeting hall of a local church...probably 45 scouts and parents etc...
the audience was separated in half by an isle that provided a shooting lane...to a target stand and trap...
Most of the shooting was with a .38 revolver with "demonstration" loads but with wad cutter lead bullets...open sights...

This guy did some amazing stuff from about 25'...like cutting playing cards in half, lighting matches, shooting out candles etc., etc...after that meeting/show all of us scouts wanted more so the troop leaders started getting us some time on the range with .22's...been hooked since...!

One other thing I remember he did was shoot a card in half shooting backwards over his shoulder using a diamond ring (from the audience) to reflect the sight line...(after the successful shot he joked that only a real diamond would work)...
It was a great way to introduce the younger and new comers to the sport of shooting...even if it did smoke up the hall...the smell of cordite still sparks the memory...

That would have been something to see. :)

/ Show your targets... #14  
Working with the Ultrastar 9mm, the Judge and the XD40 from 100 feet. This is a hard distance for me, I am near sighted and slightly wall eyed and my glasses have a curve, you can see where my eyes think is the center of the target. I have been working on aiming slightly to the right, which is hard for my brain to do when under pressure. The real surprise is the shots with the Judge, the biggest holes, it is only a 3" barrel. I did not expect to even hit the target from that distance. Not too bad for someone who took about a 30 year break from shooting.

IMG_20160619_194205_446_zpsqi7ewslz.jpg

/ Show your targets...
You have a good group. Why don't you adjust the sight instead of aiming in a different place?

/ Show your targets... #16  
I don't always shoot with my glasses on and the curve effect from my glasses is more pronounced the farther I am from the target. I like the idea of adjusting the sights and thought about it, and then rethought it. It is a training issue for me and I shoot more guns than the ones I own.

/ Show your targets... #17  
My target attempt this afternoon was at 30 yds with an air rifle. A slight wind was blowing from left to right, but not enough to account for such terrible grouping. Well, MossRoad did say to be honest, so here it is.

Front.jpg

:eek:

I like to ring each group with a pen - a bit difficult when they are all going so wide of one other, so instead I tried joining up the holes on the back.
Do you think it's my imagination, or is my shooting really becoming affected by reading too much TBN ?

Back.jpg

:)

/ Show your targets... #18  
Short story......When I was about 10 YO, my Dad and I were squirrel hunting in some heavy hilly woods. I had a single shot 22 rifle that Dad had borrowed from his brother. It was my first time with a gun. IIRC one had to pull a plunger on the rear to cock the rifle. I must have had a round in the chamber and the half pulled plunger set. When I stepped in a hole the rifle went off and shot near my Dad who was in front of me.

That could have been a disaster. We we on to hunt together for many years, but without any more stupidity....and probably some good luck.

Years later I was on a pistol team in college. We shot in competition from around the USA. Don't have any targets to show for it though.

Besides, now at my age, there wouldn't be any holes in the target anyway.........just "Maggies Drawers".

/ Show your targets...
My target attempt this afternoon was at 30 yds with an air rifle. A slight wind was blowing from left to right, but not enough to account for such terrible grouping. Well, MossRoad did say to be honest, so here it is.

View attachment 475274

:eek:

I like to ring each group with a pen - a bit difficult when they are all going so wide of one other, so instead I tried joining up the holes on the back.
Do you think it's my imagination, or is my shooting really becoming affected by reading too much TBN ?

View attachment 475275

:)

Were you using Bisley pellets? ;)

HA! The TBN picture is too funny! Nice!!! :laughing:

/ Show your targets... #20  
Were you using Bisley pellets? ;)

HA! The TBN picture is too funny! Nice!!! :laughing:

I wondered if he has a scope on the air rifle, and if so, is the mount tight?