Why keep roll over bars down?

/ Why keep roll over bars down? #1  

theg

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1533
I keep watching videos and lots of people keep the roll bars down. Is there a reason this is done? Maybe simple question, just trying to learn if I am missing some performance gain. Mine are up and have never thought about lowering them.

/ Why keep roll over bars down? #3  
Tree limbs! If everyone kept their ROPs on and up there would be more roll overs by tree than what is saved by ROPs ask any commercial mower.... first thing they do is take off their ROPs.

/ Why keep roll over bars down? #4  
I keep watching videos and lots of people keep the roll bars down. Is there a reason this is done? Maybe simple question, just trying to learn if I am missing some performance gain. Mine are up and have never thought about lowering them.

Same as Rekees. I put it up during skidding through the woods then hope to high heaven I remember to put it down before entering shed. Haven't remembered yet.

/ Why keep roll over bars down? #5  
Trees are a problem here, but I don't put it down anyway. It's not up for the safety aspect but because it holds my canopy up ! It fits in my barn and garage with it up.

backyardpic.jpg

/ Why keep roll over bars down? #6  
I removed it on my little JD.

It's rigid on the Ford.

Used to be foldable on the Kubota but is rigid now that I have a four post with canopy.

/ Why keep roll over bars down?
Thanks. Knew there had to be some legit reasons.

/ Why keep roll over bars down? #8  
i keep mine up -- hassle with the trees and some areas i just cannot get in. from what i have seen i takes wrenches to loosen the buts/bolts to rasie and lower is just a pain.

/ Why keep roll over bars down? #9  
if there was some sort of a pin that would make it easier i would at certain times but i find that keeping it up just seems to make it safer generally.

/ Why keep roll over bars down? #10  
if there was some sort of a pin that would make it easier i would at certain times but i find that keeping it up just seems to make it safer generally.

Even foldable ROPS normally use bolt/nut fasteners. I think this is more to increase the crush force required to collapse the ROPS than user friendliness.