XLink Cell to Home Phone

/ XLink Cell to Home Phone #1  

Ford850

Tractor
Case DX55, Ford 850
Does anyone use XLink?
XLINK Communication Hubs | XLink BT Cellular Bluetooth Gateway
or
Amazon.com: Xtreme Technologies Xlink BT Bluetooth Gateway - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's a box to plug your land line home phones into, and connects via blue tooth to your cell. The idea is to have it in one place, plugged in to your main home phone base, and have that area your landing spot for your cell (up to 3 cells) when you are home. Your cell then connects to that box (and your handsets) when you're home. Any calls ring throughout the home on your cordless sets and you use those handsets to talk while using cell service rather than a land line. I've been trying to dump my land line but have limited cell coverage within my house. I checked into the antennas to boost the cell signal, but my situation is not ideal for them, so it is a risk that it might not work. After looking into the boosters, I found that Verizon offered wifi service for my phone, so I made that setting change on my iPhone and it's worked great. I stay connected to my wifi (cable internet) while in the house and have very good service for calls. But I still like having 5 handsets throughout the house. This XLink box seems like the best of both... dump the land line but still use the land line phones on my cell service. What I don't know is if this box will work while my phone is using wifi for calls. I emailed the company but haven't heard back. Do any of you have experience with this? Thanks.

/ XLink Cell to Home Phone #2  
I use it to connect a cell phone to my freeze alarm at the cottage. We terminated our landline, and just have the freeze alarm connected to the XLink, which in turn Connects to the cell phone. So, when there is an alarm condition, that sell phone calls us and the freeze alarm tells us what the problem is (Power outage, cold condition, or low battery).

/ XLink Cell to Home Phone #3  
I got one of those (not the same brand) 4 years ago, when having a land-line went up to 65.00 a month before any calls were made, and calls to the closest medium sized city ( 15 miles and different phone co.) was considered long distance. I added another line to my cell phone plan for 10.00 a month, and never looked back. The alarms can call out just like a landline.
I have an old cell phone that stays at the house, I can call anywhere without long distance charges by picking up any phone in the house or barn, and as a bonus I'm saving $40.00 a month on bills.

/ XLink Cell to Home Phone
Thanks for the feedback so far. Outinthetalgrass, what brand are you using?

/ XLink Cell to Home Phone #5  
Tried to use them a couple years ago. Had 2 different units, they would randomly drop the Bluetooth connection and have to be reconnected. They also lost connection and needed to be manually reconnected if power went out.

These issues were problematic enough that we stopped using them.

/ XLink Cell to Home Phone #7  
We used an Xlink after cutting our landline for a few years. Hit and miss at times with connection and not quite behaving the way it should, but it did generally seem to work OK. Was always an adventure when one of us got a new phone. You can plug it into your computer and download updates to it, which is helpful. But ...I thought the company disappeared a couple years back???

/ XLink Cell to Home Phone
This XLink brand seems like it's still up to date. I found other brands that were a little older, higher priced, and the websites had not been updated in years. XLink offers free software upgrades as they make updates too. I did find a couple answers to my question above about using WIFI for calls and being connected to XLink. In the Q&A on the Amazon site, people said they were using it with WIFI. That's promising. I still have to decide if that's the direction I want to go.