Home built cultivator

/ Home built cultivator #1  

hghvolt

Tractor
Mahindra 4540
This is my home built cultivator. Made from 3" x 1/2" angle with c-tines and sweeps from A Gris up ply. IMAG0571.jpgIMAG0570.jpg

/ Home built cultivator #2  
Nicely done. How long did it take you to make it?

/ Home built cultivator #3  
Now that's what I'm talking about! If you don't mind me asking, what width did you make it? I've been looking at the ones "on the shelf" at agrisupply, but all the ones I see only go to five foot wide...and I need one to go to six foot for my watermelon middles.

/ Home built cultivator
Nicely done. How long did it take you to make it?
I have about 15 hrs in it. Drilling the holes was the most time consuming part 56 holes total. Each arm is 52" long and it's widest setting is 6ft 6in.

/ Home built cultivator
The brace across the middle is definitely needed, I did a test run without it and twisted the up rights. Was able to to straighten them and add the brace.

/ Home built cultivator #6  
IMG_20170218_173301110.jpg these are a cultivator that I found buried on my property when I bought it I converted it to either used on my fel or 3 pt. It works pretty good. When used on fel I can put down pressure to loosen my road bed so I can land plane it. And on the 3 pt. I can use it to loosen my garden bed and the other day I had to move some brush and it made a good carrier had to hand load and unload but it saved a bunch of trips to the brush pile.

/ Home built cultivator #7  
Looks like it needs a brace from just behind the top link attachment point running down to the cross brace.

/ Home built cultivator
Looks like it needs a brace from just behind the top link attachment point running down to the cross brace.
I hadn't thought about that brace, but I'll put it in before I spray the paint on it.

/ Home built cultivator #9  
I would tie the frame together at the front ?

/ Home built cultivator #10  
I would tie the frame together at the front ?
I have a "factory built" cultivator;nice tool.I added "peanut shares" from AgriSupply to mine.Lots of torque involved;so more bracing needed.