2017 Total Solar Eclipse...

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #91  
Just reading that several groups have decided that the eclipse is racist . I hope they were being sarcastic and not serious .

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #93  
Working today but company bought everyone glasses, Moon Pies, Sunkist, Sun Drop, and a few other "related" snacks. !

Southern refreshments at their finest.:thumbsup::)

How long have you been in the area?

Do you remember Robert Cook (R.C.) Edwards, President of Clemson from 1959-1979? Clemson students called his wife (Louise) "MoonPie" with great affection.

Steve

Addendum

For those of you who were not fortunate enough to have been born and raised in the South, here's some background info:
A RC Cola and a MoonPie: A Southern Tradition

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #94  
We dropped my daughter off at SIU in Carbondale yesterday and took off about noon. The main routes weren't exactly bumper to bumper but without a doubt, heavier traffic than normal headed south. I was glad we were going the other way. Right now the forecast looks pretty poor for most of Illinois.

Seen in the Effingham paper today that my high school best friend has come home to visit his parents and then go to Carbondale to view the eclipse. He is a astrophysicist and lead lecturer at the Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, New York.

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #95  
Southern refreshments at their finest.:thumbsup::)

How long have you been in the area?

Do you remember Robert Cook (R.C.) Edwards, President of Clemson from 1959-1979? With affection, Clemson students called his wife, Louise, "Moon Pie."

Steve

Hi Steve!

Other than 2 years in Michigan for work, all my life, so 50 years! Seneca High Class of 1984. Live out Hwy 59 almost in Fair Play now.

I remember her having the nickname, don't remember much about him or his "reign".

You from here or just ended up here at some point?

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #96  
Hi Steve!

Other than 2 years in Michigan for work, all my life, so 50 years! Seneca High Class of 1984. Live out Hwy 59 almost in Fair Play now.

I remember her having the nickname, don't remember much about him or his "reign".

You from here or just ended up here at some point?

Michael,

I am originally from NC, but I taught at Clemson for 30 years. Since retiring in 2007, I spend most of my time at my farm in NC, but I still have my home in the Friendship community.

I traveled Highway 59 quite a few times back in the day -- it was my preferred route to I-85 when I was headed south.

Do you remember going to Seneca High with any Suttons? One of my colleagues had three sons: Wes, Matt, and ??????. Wes is the oldest but he may be younger than you. How about any Lytles? Another colleague had three daughters: Cindy, Stephanie, and ????????. I think Cindy is the oldest, but again she may not be as old as you.

Steve

Last edited:
   / 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #97  
Michael,

I am originally from NC, but I taught at Clemson for 30 years. Since retiring in 2007, I spend most of my time at my farm in NC, but I still have my home in the Friendship community.

I traveled Highway 59 quite a few times back in the day -- it was my preferred route to I-85 when I was headed south.

Do you remember going to Seneca High with any Suttons? One of my colleagues had three sons: Wes, Matt, and ??????. Wes is the oldest but he may be younger than you. How about any Lytles? Another colleague had three daughters: Cindy, Stephanie, and ????????. I think Cindy is the oldest, but again she may not be as old as you.

Steve

My undergrad isn't from Clemson, but I am hoping Clemson can teach an old dog new tricks. I begin their part-time MBA - Business Analytics this week! Two year program. Straight through, not do overs. Not sure what I was thinking! :confused3:

SHS - Sutton does not ring a bell. Lytle does, but I'll have to think about the names.

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #98  
Maybe it's already been posted, but bears repeating. Pets and livestock have eyes too. If you can keep them indoors during the eclipse, please do so.

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #99  
My undergrad isn't from Clemson, but I am hoping Clemson can teach an old dog new tricks. I begin their part-time MBA - Business Analytics this week! Two year program. Straight through, not do overs. Not sure what I was thinking! :confused3:

Good luck with the program.

Steve

/ 2017 Total Solar Eclipse... #100  
Was out waiting for the school bus (running late as this morning it seems).

Can ask for a better day, not a cloud around the sun here.

It would be ironic that the "best vantage points" where people are driving to are overcast.