Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #481  
Off cross country. Seattle area to Boston via western national parks and Ozarks then Blue Ridge Parkway. Bucket List Tour. Started this morning and drove down Olympic Peninsula to Portland on older highways including Oregon Trail. Forest fire closed 84E so need to backtrack and drive Washington side of Columbia east. IMG_0090.JPG

/ Who rides motorcycles? #482  
Stay safe, keep the rubber side down, and all those other entertaining sayings, IT.

Most importantly, though, ... have fun.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #483  
Nice ride IT. Be safe. Stop and smell the roses. Neal Peart, the drummer from Rush, rides long journeys IIRC on a Beemer. He likes going to exotic places and no one recognizes him. He can just be a normal fellow.

Here is a blog for some cool reading at nights. It is a chronological blog from his journey. It is kind of hard to get to the beginning, but he went thru a pro and con process for which bike to buy and take. He left his Tenere at home and took an XT250 for it's lightweight and simpleness. Here stateside, I would prefer the Tenere because we have mostly great roads.

2 Ride The Globe - If Not Now, When?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #484  
Nice ride IT. Be safe. Stop and smell the roses. Neal Peart, the drummer from Rush, rides long journeys IIRC on a Beemer. He likes going to exotic places and no one recognizes him. He can just be a normal fellow.

Ghost Rider is an excellent read, even if you're not a Rush fan. Possibly the best non-zen zen book ever.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #485  
Kyle, do you perhaps 'know' Gordon B Clarke, in some way? A pretty eclectic link, there, and thanks for it! :)

btw, guys, I did ride today .. to the restaurant (2 1/2 mi) and back. Would have gone farther, but saw an ad for a one-owner Skidsteer w/tree spade and rushed to offer my big Deere in trade. (sale pending .. ;) )

/ Who rides motorcycles? #487  
So far have travel down to Portland then up Mt Hood before following the Columbia River up Rt 14 to Walla Walla. After that stayed on gorgeous secondary roads to ID and to Wallace ID (mother's birthplace). Next day I-90 to Butte. Snowstorm coming tonight so will take a short drive today and hole up in Bozeman for a few days. Didn't bring winter street clothes. Who'd think snow in summer? When the weather clears I'll head due south through Yellowstone and Grand Teton. IMG_0043.JPGIMG_0045.JPGIMG_0078.JPGIMG_0082.JPGImage1505405406.036015.jpgIMG_0195.JPG

/ Who rides motorcycles? #488  
Just checked the wx for Butte. You are correct, be careful - Friday morning temps are cold enough for black ice or snow.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #489  
So far have travel down to Portland then up Mt Hood before following the Columbia River up Rt 14 to Walla Walla. After that stayed on gorgeous secondary roads to ID and to Wallace ID (mother's birthplace). Next day I-90 to Butte. Snowstorm coming tonight so will take a short drive today and hole up in Bozeman for a few days. Didn't bring winter street clothes. Who'd think snow in summer? When the weather clears I'll head due south through Yellowstone and Grand Teton. View attachment 521673View attachment 521674View attachment 521675View attachment 521676View attachment 521677View attachment 521678

What fantastic scenery! That's a trip you'll remember forever. Thanks for sharing.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #490  
So far have travel down to Portland then up Mt Hood before following the Columbia River up Rt 14 to Walla Walla. After that stayed on gorgeous secondary roads to ID and to Wallace ID (mother's birthplace). Next day I-90 to Butte. Snowstorm coming tonight so will take a short drive today and hole up in Bozeman for a few days. Didn't bring winter street clothes. Who'd think snow in summer? When the weather clears I'll head due south through Yellowstone and Grand Teton. View attachment 521673View attachment 521674View attachment 521675View attachment 521676View attachment 521677View attachment 521678
Thanks for the pics - beautiful scenery! Be safe and keep the pictures coming.