Good Gloves?

/ Good Gloves? #1  

two_bit_score

Super Star Member
Texas - from the brush and pear to the piney woods
Tractor
John Deere 110 TLB, Diamond C 19LPX GN trailer
Here's what I have found to be the best leather work gloves.

Double palmed by Golden Stag glove company, #207. Thick leather that wears a long time. Good protection with the double palm.

Leather

I look at gloves as consumable items. Don't think I've ever paid more than $19 for a pair of the # 207's. They are stiff until broken in but they last me a while.

What is your best work glove?

Last edited:
   / Good Gloves? #2  
Good subject. I tend to wear cheap gloves, I can get some good brand tips I hope. Subscribing.

/ Good Gloves? #6  
I've tried several different styles & thicknesses over the years and they all wear out (on me) in the thumb and forefinger. Usually the right hand first, but I'm right handed.

Inexpensive leather lineman's gloves are my goto now. A couple pair in the Spring and I'm good to go.

/ Good Gloves? #7  
Lamont, specifically with wrist cinch. Natural color don't stain when wet. XXL is actually XXL.
Bob

Up until mid last winter this was my go to glove maker. They noticeably downgraded the leather. I go cheapest now (with a few uh-uh, negative, I'll go without before spending money on that glove! You can tell by looking.) since the quality isn't that much different anymore.

It pays to be attentive. There were two pair priced at ~ $15 on the 50% off clearance table at a store this weekend. They looked to be decent gloves so I snapped them up. At the register they rang up at ~$15. I asked about the 50% off and was told the marked price WAS 50% off. I decided against the purchase. The next store had an 8' section of equal quality gloves for ~ $6 a pair. I'm all set for this firewood season :)

/ Good Gloves? #8  
Around the property its Wells-Lamont. I usually get a year +/- out of a pair. In the dead of winter I wear down insulated mitts from Eddie Bauer.

/ Good Gloves? #10  
I used to wear leather but they wore out too fast handling my firewood work (10+ cord a year). Went bare handed for many years. Last year I discovered the "Nitrile" type which are cheap disposables. Less than $4.00 for 3 pair and one pair lasts me almost as long as the leather ones used to. I like them better than leather as they have a bit better grip, are thin and one still has some feel. I am so used to wearing them that I found I had driven 17 miles back to the house from the wood lot with them still on.

I recommend people give them a try .