Kubota Synthetic UTF in New Holland

/ Kubota Synthetic UTF in New Holland #1  

MiserableOldFart

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH Workmaster 40, Kubota GR2120
This is just a note to say that I replaced the UTF in my TC26DA with Kubota Synthetic, which is an extremely expensive upgrade, especially in view of the fact that I was only halfway to the next change and had to add the two filters, bringing the entire cost of the procedure to just under $200. But there is a very definite performance improvement, something that means a lot to me with only two hydro ranges. The tractor can go up hills and cut grass in high range much better with the synthetic fluid. I had noticed a real improvement in my Kubota GR2120 when I replaced the regular Kubota UTF it came with with the synthetic, so I decided to make the switch with the New Holland. Probably those who have 3 ranges wouldn't notice as much of a difference. I also have a feeling there is going to be an even more noticeable improvement in the cold weather. When it's under 20 degrees outside it took a long time for the old stuff, both the New Holland G134 and the store brand UTF I had to use on the second change because NH stopped making or selling the 134 to warm enough to make the loader work quickly. I expect the synthetic to be much better at that.

It's likely that other brands of synthetic UTF are just as good, but they certainly aren't cheap either. If you have a 2 range hydro and constantly find yourself wishing you had a middle range between low and high, it might be the thing for you.

/ Kubota Synthetic UTF in New Holland #2  
I assume it痴 because the Kubota oil is a multigrade.

Full syns can pour down to -50c (-58F) whereas most conventional oils are solid at those temps.

/ Kubota Synthetic UTF in New Holland #3  
I had noticed a real improvement in my Kubota GR2120 when I replaced the regular Kubota UTF it came with

FYI. It comes from the factory with Synthetic. The difference you noticed was probably by putting new clean filters on there. The first set of filters can plug quickly with the reminates from production and assembly. Thats why its done so early.

/ Kubota Synthetic UTF in New Holland
FYI. It comes from the factory with Synthetic. The difference you noticed was probably by putting new clean filters on there. The first set of filters can plug quickly with the reminates from production and assembly. Thats why its done so early.

Interesting. Maybe that's it, but there was a definite performance jump when I put the new stuff in, and there was an equivalent jump in performance in my TC26DA, and it wasn't a case of dirty filters in the NH tractor.

With the Kubota, there was a very definite difference on performance on hills, and I went up some hills I couldn't have prior to the change, and probably shouldn't have after..

The Kubota is a 2003, I think.. were they coming through with synthetic then?

I'm no expert on filters, but don't they have a bypass if they get clogged that opens under pressure anyway?

/ Kubota Synthetic UTF in New Holland #5  
Hi,

I have used the Kubota Super UDT2 full syn fluid in my TC29DA for a couple of years along with the new Holland/Fiat cold weather trans and hyd filters. Love it! Definitely worth the money for the performance upgrade and cost around $400.00 for the 29 which was $200.00 less than the synthetic New Holland option. I just picked up a new TC24DA in Scranton, Pa a couple months ago with 260 hours, 12LA loader and NIB 60" 914 rear discharge mmm that will be getting the Kubota SUDT2 next month. I use Rotella T6/5-40 in both engines with factory filters and TRC 880 Crown/Chassis grease with 100lb Timken load rating on the fittings.

Last edited:
Cold Weather filters? Is there such a thing? I've always used the New Holland Filters that the TC26DA came with.

Interesting. Maybe that's it, but there was a definite performance jump when I put the new stuff in, and there was an equivalent jump in performance in my TC26DA, and it wasn't a case of dirty filters in the NH tractor.

With the Kubota, there was a very definite difference on performance on hills, and I went up some hills I couldn't have prior to the change, and probably shouldn't have after..

The Kubota is a 2003, I think.. were they coming through with synthetic then?

I'm no expert on filters, but don't they have a bypass if they get clogged that opens under pressure anyway?

OOps. Old age showing. 2013, I meant.