What Are These Switches? - 60A

/ What Are These Switches? - 60A #1  

Argonne

Gold Member
Tractor
JD2210, Ford 4400, Case IH 685, Terramite T7, JD 6x4 M-Gator
I've been mowing at a friend's place for the last few weeks using his tractor, a Case 60A. He has misplaced the owner's manual and can't tell me what the two rocker switches on the right side of the dash do. Can anyone enlighten me?

KIMG0348.jpg

/ What Are These Switches? - 60A #2  
Hazard lights and hi beam low beam. Just a guess.

/ What Are These Switches? - 60A
Hazard lights and hi beam low beam. Just a guess.

Naaa, the light controls are all on the left dash, but I guess high beam is possible for the goofy "8" up/dn switch. I'll try that today.

/ What Are These Switches? - 60A #4  
If you press the left switch, does the tractor drive straight to the shed? :laughing:

If you press the left switch, does the tractor drive straight to the shed? :laughing:

Sadly, no, and if it did I would be using the heck out of it. I'm mowing his bumpy 130 acres with his 5' shredder :mur:. About 4 hours a day is all I can handle.

Incidentally, the first place I tried to get the info was on Case's site. They want $54 for the owners manual, paper and/or download.

Alright, I did some intensive playing today and discovered what they do (kinda). They are to program the dash display, reset the oil change timer, and other unfathomable functions. The breakthrough came when I tried pressing and holding the diamond symbol button for several seconds. Nothing exciting/useful like a range splitter or "return to the shed" autopilot.

/ What Are These Switches? - 60A #7  
Sadly, no, and if it did I would be using the heck out of it. I'm mowing his bumpy 130 acres with his 5' shredder :mur:. About 4 hours a day is all I can handle.

Incidentally, the first place I tried to get the info was on Case's site. They want $54 for the owners manual, paper and/or download.

That’s got to be rough. I guess the how do you eat an elephant analogy comes into play here. With my 15’ and it being rough it would take me 3-4 days atleast. Yuck

Brett

That痴 got to be rough. I guess the how do you eat an elephant analogy comes into play here. Brett

I'm averaging about 2.3 acres/hr. Not bitching, I'm grateful for the work, and the flexibility to attack it in 4 hour chunks makes it pleasant. I always said before I retired that getting paid to mow was my dream job, and now I'm "livin' the dream!", lol. Not looking forward to haying it in the summer with the same class equipment though.

Mow1.jpg