Kubota L39 cab replacement and free ROPS

/ Kubota L39 cab replacement and free ROPS #1  

robstaples

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota / L39 TLB, BX2680
I've finished my Laurin cab installation. I added extra lights and replaced the factory lights with LEDs. Looking forward to deep snow.
I can't bring myself to cut up the ROPS without a serious try at a new home. I don't have a project requiring the steel either. So, see the pictures and decide if shipping or pickup is worth it. Ann Arbor,MI 48103 DSCN5651.JPGDSCN5650.JPGDSCN5649.JPG

/ Kubota L39 cab replacement and free ROPS #2  
Nice, I have always wanted a cab, but budget has not allowed it. It doesn't look like these have air conditioning (I have need to summer cab more than winter cab).

/ Kubota L39 cab replacement and free ROPS
It is an option. But I think the words are." compressor installation is left to the customer". There is no place under the hood for the compressor and the coil is on top of the roof so the height goes up. I'm going to take out the small windows and add a screen and fans for circulation in the summer. as a trial, I added a small plug in fan and mounted it on a magnet and it helps. I did customization from ideas I got on this forum, like Flashing LEDs when brake is set, and semi permanent wired for snow blower shut and spout control and strobe flashers, side lights for the FEL which holds my hydraulic snow blower. I was surprised to find it louder inside then without the cab. I added a radio and now won't have bothered. I use radio muffs.

/ Kubota L39 cab replacement and free ROPS #4  
It is amazing.

/ Kubota L39 cab replacement and free ROPS #5  
Do you have a link to Laurin for that model cab?

I've finished my Laurin cab installation. I added extra lights and replaced the factory lights with LEDs. Looking forward to deep snow.
I can't bring myself to cut up the ROPS without a serious try at a new home. I don't have a project requiring the steel either. So, see the pictures and decide if shipping or pickup is worth it. Ann Arbor,MI 48103View attachment 516587View attachment 516588View attachment 516589

/ Kubota L39 cab replacement and free ROPS #6  
Looks great:thumbsup:

/ Kubota L39 cab replacement and free ROPS
I got the Eclipse model -with front and rear wiper and washer and bh extension for about $10k. Including shipping. Its shipping weight is 1100 lbs.. was it hard? ... all depends on your equipment and skill set. I'd say yes for me. I took pictures and was going to publish the "story" but didn't find much interest. Can you lift 900 lbs 5 feet off the ground and drive the L39 underneath. My lift capability WAS my L39 so I had to come up with another plan.
Cab is nice but biggest disappointment was it is not quieter than without. It is on rubber mounts but inside is almost all glass and not great sound absorbant. I added radio anc speaker and use radio head set instead.
Things like brazed closed bleed valve for heating system, NPT fittings included when you need BSPT engine block fitting, battery cover recut to fit, seat rotate switch too high after floor covering added.
I'm still trying to find a better way of coolant flow. I only get heater core heat after the thermostat opens. My manual say Kubota added a recirculation loop to my engine for better more uniform engine warmup. So the engine tap points may not do as originally planned. OR I have the wrong tap points in block. Laurin says see Kubota. Nuf for now!