Tractor Battery

/ Tractor Battery #11  
I usually buy motomaster batteries from Canadian tire on account of the warranty. They used to have 84 month warranties but not anymore. Anytime I have had a problem, they replace them no questions asked.

/ Tractor Battery #12  
About eight years ago I put battery maintainers on everything - pickup, jeep, tractor - that I left the battery in all year. If they all last two more years - total of ten years each - the entire operation will have paid for itself. Plus the instant start on all.

/ Tractor Battery #13  
I don't know who makes the BEST battery, but I DO know who makes the BEST batts I've owned so far.

Interstate, and they have easily lasted the longest, with the most abuse, of any batt we have ever owned/used on this place! I'm about to buy a new group 31 for my loader tractor.

It has a 800 or 850cca Deka in it now, and it just looses too much poop when it gets really cold out! It was pretty good for the first two years, but not any more...

SR

I too used to think Interstate was the way to go.
NEVER again another Interstate for me.
They stuck it to me when I needed a replacement (3 yrs.) while traveling in Canada.

/ Tractor Battery #14  
They stuck it to me when I needed a replacement (3 yrs.) while traveling in Canada.
++1 on your comment..

/ Tractor Battery #15  
I'm kind of annoyed that they put an uncommon battery in my 2010 GC2610. I want an AGM and Canadian Tire doesn't carry one to fit properly. When it dies, I intend to take the area below the dash apart and do a little welding/remodeling to make more room for a common automotive battery to fit.

/ Tractor Battery #16  
Use the battery with both the highest 25amp reserve capacity and the highest CCA that will squeeze into the battery box.

/ Tractor Battery #17  
As soon as I start getting bad Interstate batts, I'll look for something better...

Hasn't happen so far though...

SR

/ Tractor Battery #18  
Hi there,

Firstly, check the other components which might not be connected correctly. Secondly, if you're facing the same issue, you should consider getting a new battery. Recently, I buy the battery after reading the detailed reviews from buyprobattery which help me a lot in the selection of batteries. You can see your Need for Battery and then decide that what is best for You.

/ Tractor Battery #19  
Walmart and AP's boxstore's will load test your battery for free. I mostly buy Walmart batteries as they are cheaper and easier to get warranty service. At times in the past I went with other brands based on specials but Walmarts usually got them all beat. Lowe's is worth a look/see if you get a 10% Vet discount but you may have to wait for shipping. On smaller motorcycle batteries I like Chrome Battery and prefer to buy off their website directly as cheaper than Amazon plus you may save even more with a googled discount code plus using Amazon pay at checkout. I may look there for my next lawnmower battery? There are only so many battery factories in the USA and most small ones now come from Asia.

/ Tractor Battery #20  
Another thread from the cellar but I will add my 2 cents anyway.

One thing about many tractor batteries is the negligent engineering of placing them in front of the radiator. If your tractor has the battery in front of the radiator you don't want a regular lead acid battery that vents out the top.

Even some AGM batteries have a vent but it has a port to connect a tube so the corrosive fumes can be rerouted.

In my John Deere I have a Bosch AGM battery and routed a tygon tube off the vent port under the tractor.

On my backhoe I have a heavy Interstate lead acid battery with a vent port. Again I have a tube on the port routed under the tractor.