Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #75,411  
42F clear sky mid 80's for high...going to be warm day haven't those temps since last October.

Going to be long work day...8am - 3:30 setting in chair listening watching slides for electrical traning...think I better bring butt pillow and no doze pills. ;)
After work finish putting steel edging around the rest of the house,hopes before Saturday than the pee stone and have that project check off the list.

Enjoy the day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #75,412  
Now that light is coming up I have to go over to garden and see what my neighbor wrecked. He got his old JD started, and drove it over here and right over my new garden's soaker hoses, and what really concerns me is his snagging the electric fence lines, not to mention driving right through my newly seeded grass. The path he took was never meant for a larger tractor and
I sure pick up the soaker hoses before I drive a tractor over them. Had to scream at him over the tractor to back up and get off my property.
He can call me anytime. I'll go get him with the golf cart or UTV. Maybe he was just happy he got his tractor running, but you don't drive tractors with disc harrows on the rear over someone's
septic system, which he repeatedly does. He has no common sense. Addled. So I'll take lots of deep breaths and go talk to him.
When he stopped bathing and washing his clothes I just couldn't take him any more and haven't seen him in several months.
He just had a court hearing for waiving a gun at someone in a drunken rage so de-escalation is always the goal.

My other neighbor, the fireman, and I are honestly just waiting for the County to haul the drunken farmer away.
He needs three hots and a cot, and some sobriety and counseling, medical care, a clean environment
and someone to help him. His family has completely deserted him due to his crazy gross behavior.
Biggest problem is he has no decent place to come home to. He's ruined every building on the property, literally
run them into the ground and filled to the ceilings with food and poop infested trash.
So how can the County release him back to that place? It's clearly unfit for living.

I just want to focus on my okra and not on this drama next door. Let's hope he didn't drive over my vegetables.

/ Good morning!!!! #75,413  
Sorry Drew, you don’t deserve that!

81 yesterday, 90+ today.
Gotta hit doc for follow up this morning then to buy flowers and plant before PM sun hits the area I’m going to be working in.

Went up and mowed Ellen’s grass last night, had to stop and straighten a blade that hit a dirt bank and bent. Little cheapie Craftsman rider, but not worth hauling my Kubota up there, plus she likes her yard a little too natural for me to chance hitting a rock or something on mine.

Slept the best I have since I got sick. Not perfect, but getting better.

Have a good day folks, God bless you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #75,414  
daugen; here is hoping that **** orifice did NOT mess up your hoses and the rest of the garden.

toppop52; slow and steady wins the race. The older you get, the longer it takes to recover from new-monia.

I just ordered new lights and a horn. Lights for my army trailer. Horn for either my Jeep or the Kioti. I haven't decided which will get it.

/ Good morning!!!! #75,415  
Daugen,
You sure don't need any more drama from next door. Here to hope that your okra will not be run-over.

Topop,
I'm glad to see that you are feeling better.

Sorry peeps, I haven't been around for a long while and my memory is terrible. I can't recall your first names from the nicks yet.

Down here in Cajun land, it's been really mild and nice but rain and storm is coming for this weekend. That will put a damper on my attempt to service my DK45. Right now the thing won't start. It will turn over and appear to run for 3 sec but then die. I think I got a fuel pump issue. Heck I got a lot of issues with the tractor, starting with leaking steering hydraulic cylinders and a transmission that will jump out of gear on any thing but low 1st or 2nd gear. I'm sick of my tractor but is struggling with coming up with the money for a new one.

Traffic in my little town has been a huge issue ever since the big big natural gas business expansion. My commute goes from 40 minutes one way to 90 minutes one way with the bumper to bumper traffic. My gasoline cost for driving to work almost double. I changed my working hours to 6am-3:30pm and that barely helped.

One funny story, a scammer called me and told me I owed the IRS and must pay the tax owed plus penalty. I told him: "I'm sorry I forgot to report the contract hits." He said: "What contract hits? May be you owe more." I told him: "Oh no, it's not like I kill them or nothing. I just usually beat them up and every now and then break the arm or leg when they asked. My Asian clients are particular like that. By the way, I don't send money. I prefer to do business face to face." He hung up on me.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #75,416  
This is always a good time of year to hear the birds singing. Today I'm away from home in a much bigger town and woke up to birdsong here too, though it was soon followed by multiple emergency vehicle sirens. Back home that would have silenced everything, but here the birds are so used to the noise they just carried on singing. I can't wait for this evening and to get back to a more rural way of life where nothing much happens.

/ Good morning!!!! #75,417  
View attachment 552148yes the cow is under the pool by the SA river.

Don, are you still dispersing your dad's herd ? That cow looks to have arrived a little too early in the build process to be part of a Hindu house warming party.

I remember hearing of a cow that had died after spending most of it's life on the top floor of a high rise in London. The reporter was asking a building agent why it was there. He said something on the lines of "When renting to millionaires there are some questions it's best not to ask, just in case they give you an honest answer"

/ Good morning!!!! #75,418  
Finding the cow wasn't hard BEF. As to where you were, my WAG is at a steak house.

txdon, the cow is on the blue tarp on the second floor (assuming the ground floor is the first floor). Lower left of the pic.
We were on our way to the inlaws, stopped at Dans steak house. Been on the side of the mountain near Luray va for over 70 yrs. We've eaten there several times over the last 30 yrs.
Just down the road, the orange cow is outside cooters garage (dukes of hazzard). 0501181903.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #75,419  
This is always a good time of year to hear the birds singing. Today I'm away from home in a much bigger town and woke up to birdsong here too, though it was soon followed by multiple emergency vehicle sirens. Back home that would have silenced everything, but here the birds are so used to the noise they just carried on singing. I can't wait for this evening and to get back to a more rural way of life where nothing much happens.

Lately I have to leave the house before 5 am to go to work. I don't get to hear the birds singing anymore :(

/ Good morning!!!! #75,420  
It was 34* for the low this morning, yesterday wasn't to bad. It got cloudy and colder in the afternoon. Looks like 80% chance of showers today with 5-15 mph winds. With the high in the 50's.

I got the three biggest burn piles done yesterday. Going to see if I can get rest of them going today before they get to wet.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
CWB.