a 17 yr decision (pending) ... I may even consider changing my Profile Avatar ...

/ a 17 yr decision (pending) ... I may even consider changing my Profile Avatar ... #11  
You might also check out Paul Short's You Tube channel, I just bought some tail light protectors. He has a LOT of experience on modifying Kubotas and he lives in Canada.

/ a 17 yr decision (pending) ... I may even consider changing my Profile Avatar ...
check out Paul Short's You Tube channel
- I found it, thank you.

I started a yard clean up with the tenant the other day using existing equipment (JD160 LT, ATV, trailer, hand held brush cutter, chainsaw, yard trailer) ... we were imagining all of the OTHER stuff that we could do once the tractor is here.

Focussed on maintenance, and Spring cleaning of the previously used chicken coop - probably buying 2-3 dozen chicks on Saturday. :)

my list for the Kubota final discussion is getting longer, but I will need to budget and pace out the purchase of some of the optional implements.

CHECK - I am starting to get familiar with the BXpanded info also. that bucket expander sounds interesting. I have contacts, and long time friends at 3 Kubota dealerships, so I'm sure that somebody will get me in the right direction.

my wife is supportive of the purchase - so that is huge. (what she doesn't know is that the tractor is only 1/2 the cost of the car that she drives ... ) I think that she'll be okay with that. Yes, it is a good chuck of money, but it will really improve the property potential.

Expecting to have the unit delivered by mid-June (target)

Last edited:
   / a 17 yr decision (pending) ... I may even consider changing my Profile Avatar ... #13  
Only "problem" you may encounter is "our" BX became "her" BX when my wife retired. What goes around comes around though as when our oldest daughter moved out of St. Louis to our area, she has claimed it for her means of "therapy". :)

/ a 17 yr decision (pending) ... I may even consider changing my Profile Avatar ...
Only "problem" you may encounter is "our" BX became "her" BX when my wife ... claimed it for her means of "therapy". :)

That's what I'm hoping for actually :)

She's going to come with me to the dealership in a week or two. Should be fun.

And an endless lineup of volunteers to do yardwork.

/ a 17 yr decision (pending) ... I may even consider changing my Profile Avatar ... #15  

It's not uncommon. My wife was raised in town and rode hoses on weekends at her grand parents farm, but never operated machinery. During our marriage she took up dirt biking, hunting and driving "tractors". I haven't mowed a yard in ten years and now grand kids are coming along, so no BX for me.

/ a 17 yr decision (pending) ... I may even consider changing my Profile Avatar ... #16  

My wife went with me to the dealer today and I think she was more excited than I was! :) Always a good sign.
I can relat to your physical challenges as I have some of my own. It's one of the reasons we bought the same unit you are looking at and the quick change stuff really sold me on the BX23S. We have about half the acreage as you but I think it will serve us well. Sounds like you guys have been through a lot. It's sure good when things come together though.

thank you Bosifus - and also a BIG :welcome: to the forum.

TIME FOR AN UPDATE ... getting closer :)

So, about a month ago I made that tentative deal on the BX23S package (see first post, this thread) with some options. Everything waiting on a downpayment (building up weekly) and my Wife's approval - it's a big decision, it effects our finances, and for 17 yrs she has basically seen it, glanced, waved yeah, yeah and carried on with what interested her. It's about $25 K + any options.

She has had migraines for 10 weeks straight, and is currently out of town for medical appointments, and spending the time with my mom also.

My deal is there, and she hasn't had a chance to even consider it. And it has been my long term pipe dream in her mind (it'll never happen), but this time I'm very serious ready, and financially able (we have no other debt but a line of credit). She has verbalized her financial concern repeatedly (ironically, I'm the one who is good / tight with the finances) and objects to me just deciding (I call it researching). I said that I won't buy it without her consent (she wants to wait a year, wasn't convinced that it was up to doing the job etc), BUT I really need her to check it out, sit on it, ask questions ... consider it. I suggested that she go to the local dealership near where she is currently staying (same company, different location, hours away) ...and talk to the guy that I had already chatted with. TODAY, she did that. Then she called me.

Holding my Breath.

She says "it is remarkably impressive and capable" - good sign, perhaps she actually took the seat. She says that she talked to the sales guy (who has met me, knows my limits, specific and physical needs, in a tractor) and learned that there is an implement promotion (HELLO) and that if we buy 3 implements that we need anyway (HELLO) there are additional savings (HELLO). I'm on the phone with her as she continues to give me her thoughts ... she mentions the auger :) the mower :) the box blade :) - okay, so now whether she realizes it or not, the quote is up to about $33 K (her idea !!! HELLO) & GOES ON TO TELL ME that when she gets home in a week or so, we'll go together to my local dealership (... umm, the one with the pending sale, current quote, all implements she just noted) to figure out details, and let her "wrestle" a better deal out of them (HELLO), she says they will work with us and they aren't worried about a promo deadline in a few days.

I'm STUNNED, and yet although I thought about it, I never said "I told you so" - she basically orchestrated the same options that I had put into my purchase quote a month ago. I'm thinking that this is hilarious, because now it is HER deal. :) I just continue to build up the downpayment... too funny.

I'm rather entertained by all of this.

Yesterday, unbeknownst to her, I sent an email out asking for details re: the third function valve, 2 inch wheel spacers, a tooth bar and hooks for the loader ... we'll see. I know the budget of where it needs to land. And although this is a 0 % / 84 mos, I intend to pay it off sooner. Plus there are the write-offs for the hobby farm.

can I get the grapple for my birthday at the end of May ??? :)

I think the Kubota BX23S won her over ... it sells itself.

cheers,

download.jpg

/ a 17 yr decision (pending) ... I may even consider changing my Profile Avatar ... #19  
You cant go wrong with the BX23s. My wife an i bought one last year, now we constantly fight over seat time...lol.
We use to be GREEN tractor people for 40yrs, but the green dealers couldnt even come close to the price we bought our BX23s for in the same group tractor.
The BX23s is a great sub-compact tractor, it does everything we ask it to do. I wouldn`t hesitate buying it again, its that nice of a tractor. Zero problems, its a fuel sipper too.

/ a 17 yr decision (pending) ... I may even consider changing my Profile Avatar ... #20  
Absolutely love my BX25D! Got just shy of 400hrs on 'her' and the best part is my last (60th) payment is this June! All at zero interest and not too big of a pain. My only gripe is that I should have added a box blade and 3rd function valve at time of purchase. Good luck! You will be kicking yourself about the last umpteen years of lack of DIY production. :laughing: :mur: :stirthepot:

I added a Piranha tooth bar, underarmor, wheel spacers, front bucket hooks after purchase. Check out BXpanded and Bro-Tek. May want to budget some of their toys in... :eek: