TIME FOR AN UPDATE ... getting closer
So, about a month ago I made that tentative deal on the BX23S package
(see first post, this thread) with some options. Everything waiting on a downpayment (building up weekly) and my Wife's approval - it's a big decision, it effects our finances, and for 17 yrs she has basically seen it, glanced, waved yeah, yeah and carried on with what interested her. It's about $25 K + any options.
She has had migraines for 10 weeks straight, and is currently out of town for medical appointments, and spending the time with my mom also.
My deal is there, and she hasn't had a chance to even consider it. And it has been my long term pipe dream in her mind (it'll never happen), but this time I'm very serious ready, and financially able (we have no other debt but a line of credit). She has verbalized her financial concern repeatedly (ironically, I'm the one who is good / tight with the finances) and objects to me just deciding (I call it researching). I said that I won't buy it without her consent (she wants to wait a year, wasn't convinced that it was up to doing the job etc), BUT I really need her to check it out, sit on it, ask questions ... consider it. I suggested that she go to the local dealership near where she is currently staying (same company, different location, hours away) ...and talk to the guy that I had already chatted with. TODAY, she did that. Then she called me.
Holding my Breath.
She says "it is remarkably impressive and capable" - good sign, perhaps she actually took the seat. She says that she talked to the sales guy (who has met me, knows my limits, specific and physical needs, in a tractor) and learned that there is an implement promotion (HELLO)
and that if we buy 3 implements
that we need anyway (HELLO)
there are additional savings (HELLO)
. I'm on the phone with her as she continues to give me her thoughts ... she mentions the auger the mower the box blade
- okay, so now whether she realizes it or not, the quote is up to about $33 K (her idea !!! HELLO
) & GOES ON TO TELL ME that when she gets home in a week or so, we'll go together to my local dealership (... umm, the one with the pending sale, current quote, all implements she just noted) to figure out details, and let her "wrestle" a better deal out of them (HELLO
), she says they will work with us and they aren't worried about a promo deadline in a few days.
I'm STUNNED, and yet although I thought about it, I never said "I told you so" - she basically orchestrated the same options that I had put into my purchase quote a month ago. I'm thinking that this is hilarious, because now it is HER deal.
I just continue to build up the downpayment... too funny.
I'm rather entertained by all of this.
Yesterday, unbeknownst to her, I sent an email out asking for details re: the third function valve, 2 inch wheel spacers, a tooth bar and hooks for the loader ... we'll see. I know the budget of where it needs to land. And although this is a 0 % / 84 mos, I intend to pay it off sooner. Plus there are the write-offs for the hobby farm.
can I get the grapple for my birthday at the end of May ???
I think the Kubota BX23S won her over ... it sells itself.