Finally a KUBOTA owner!

/ Finally a KUBOTA owner!
Picked up a box blade used and decided to add some weight for both better digging and a counter weight. The 2 3’ chunks of railroad are from a French high speed line and are heavier than regular track. They come in at 177 lbs per 3’. Also had a receiver hitch added for moving trailers around the yard!

IMG_2963.JPG

IMG_0945.JPG

Notice how thick the slug is from the web of the track. Much thicker than regular track. IMG_0946.JPG

Fully welded from front to back for plenty of lift capacity on receiver hitch
IMG_1072.JPG

Had some chain attached so I can lift the weights off the box blade by myself.
IMG_1122.JPG

Only uploaded one video so far of Kubota work, but here is my channel.

J.Wal
- YouTube

Built a carry all. Bought the frame from tractor supply, $165. Then got my lumber and bolts from Lowe’s, $100 or so. Used 1/2”x 3” Carrage bolts with flat washer, lock washer and nut. I had tried a lock nut at first but due to not being able to hold the head of the bolt... it would just spin the bolt when trying to tighten. So had to change that.

Starting with the back wall of it from bottom to top I used 2x10, 2x8, 2x8, and another 2x10. This put the back wall just about an inch over the top of the frame.

I used the same board setup for the floor. The first board butted up against the back wall board. I couldn’t do the floor first because it would not have allowed for the bolt holes to line up correctly.

It is 5’ wide. I plan to add sides to it and a 2x4 across the front for a lip to prevent anything from sliding out the back.

With time I may add a chainsaw holder, some other add on storage stuff like a small removable shelf, shovel holder, chain storage... not sure yet. Will adapt it with time! IMG_1266.JPG

Got the chains and ratcheting binders finally so I can transport the tractor safe as possible! Got a great deal on all 5 binders and four 10’ 3/8” chains for little less than $200

IMG_1535.JPG

/ Finally a KUBOTA owner! #46  
Nice. I need to get a set. I’ve got ratchet straps and they are looking a little sad.

Added a ram mount phone holder. Keeps it from being bumped when on my belt and risk of it falling and me not noticing.

Can’t get photos to upload at the moment.

/ Finally a KUBOTA owner! #48  
Added a ram mount phone holder. Keeps it from being bumped when on my belt and risk of it falling and me not noticing.

Can’t get photos to upload at the moment.

Hope you can get to pics at some point. Just bought some Bluetooth headphones and was about to look for ways to get my phone out of my pocket. Sometimes in my toolbox, which I don't mind but this mount sounds interesting. Enjoy your pics and videos!

Hope you can get to pics at some point. Just bought some Bluetooth headphones and was about to look for ways to get my phone out of my pocket. Sometimes in my toolbox, which I don't mind but this mount sounds interesting. Enjoy your pics and videos!

Gonna try again. Thanks for the feedback also! Glad to share stuff and it help others! Links to products used for he phone mount at bottom of this post. I did use 2 1” square pieces of metal behind the plastic housing to give the nuts something solid and large to prevent/ or reduce the risk of pulling them through the plastic. Increases surface area on the back side of the mounting bolts.

IMG_2304.JPG

IMG_2305.JPG

IMG_2306.JPG

Texel WebGrip with RAM Mount X-Grip Phone Cradle B-Ball 1 inch (Black) TXL-RAM-HOL-UN7B Amazon.com: Texel WebGrip with RAM Mount X-Grip Phone Cradle B-Ball 1 inch (Black) TXL-RAM-HOL-UN7B: Cell Phones & Accessories

Ram Mount 2.5-Inch Composite Round Base with the AMPs Hole Pattern and 1-Inch Ball Amazon.com: Ram Mount 2.5-Inch Composite Round Base with the AMPs Hole Pattern and 1-Inch Ball: Cell Phones & Accessories

RAM Mounts RAM Long Double Socket Arm for 1 Ball Bases RAM-B-201U-C Amazon.com: RAM Mounts RAM Long Double Socket Arm for 1 Ball Bases RAM-B-21U-C: Automotive

/ Finally a KUBOTA owner! #50  
Gonna try again. Thanks for the feedback also! Glad to share stuff and it help others! Links to products used for he phone mount at bottom of this post. I did use 2 1” square pieces of metal behind the plastic housing to give the nuts something solid and large to prevent/ or reduce the risk of pulling them through the plastic. Increases surface area on the back side of the mounting bolts.

View attachment 558466

View attachment 558467

View attachment 558468

Texel WebGrip with RAM Mount X-Grip Phone Cradle B-Ball 1 inch (Black) TXL-RAM-HOL-UN7B Amazon.com: Texel WebGrip with RAM Mount X-Grip Phone Cradle B-Ball 1 inch (Black) TXL-RAM-HOL-UN7B: Cell Phones & Accessories

Ram Mount 2.5-Inch Composite Round Base with the AMPs Hole Pattern and 1-Inch Ball Amazon.com: Ram Mount 2.5-Inch Composite Round Base with the AMPs Hole Pattern and 1-Inch Ball: Cell Phones & Accessories

RAM Mounts RAM Long Double Socket Arm for 1 Ball Bases RAM-B-201U-C Amazon.com: RAM Mounts RAM Long Double Socket Arm for 1 Ball Bases RAM-B-21U-C: Automotive

That's perfect! Never would I have thought of mounting it there! Perfect location, I believe. I'll look at my layout when I get home in a bit! Did you use some type of gasket between the Ram base and the tractor housing?

Thanks J Wal!