New XR4155HC on its way!

/ New XR4155HC on its way! #101  
Thanks to all on this thread, should have all finalized to order our new XR4155H in a couple weeks, with 3rd function for grapple.
Any grapple preferences or tips for this model?
Appreciate the help!
Mike

/ New XR4155HC on its way! #102  
Thanks to all on this thread, should have all finalized to order our new XR4155H in a couple weeks, with 3rd function for grapple.
Appreciate the help!
Mike

Congrats!

/ New XR4155HC on its way!
I started this thread a few weeks ago:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/393144-30-acres-20-years.html

Since I made that thread I've been to look at machines in person and I agree with the notion that I need to go up a frame size. That put me looking at the Kioti DK45(new one coming with HST in May), Kubota L4701/MX series. But then I started reading about LS and specifically that 2017 dealer survey looked real good. Thats got me looking at the XR4145H. I got a quote on one that seems pretty good, especially compared to Kubota pricing(which is ridiculous).

As far as dealers go, unfortunately the only tractor dealers close to me are New Holland. Kioti, Mahindra and LS are all right at an hour away. The LS dealer is a family operation that has been in that location for 34 years. The only thing that kind of worries me talking to them is that they don't have much experience putting on 3rd function and said that they would likely outsource the work. He said they usually tie them to remotes. If I need to make a new thread so as not to hijack this one I can do that.

You are welcome in this thread. :thumbsup:

I have over 700hrs on my machine. Boxblade, brushog, spraying, power raking, lots of grapple usage ect. I put out hay all this winter and it sure was nice staying warm in the cab on the 2 mile ride over to the farm!!

Appreciate the help!
Mike

Yes on grapple preferences. Get a Wicked Root Grapple from Everything Attachments if you want the best. EA is a vendor on this site and they will absolutely take care of you. Here is more than you ever wanted to know about Wicked Root Grapples when you have a few days to read.

I run their 72" twin lid on my 4155 almost all the time. I call it my Wicked Twin. Width and number of lids is up to you. Talk to Travis about what your main uses are and he will steer you right. I have several hundred hours on the Wicked Twin now and would not change anything about it. It is the real deal and worth every penny.

As far as usage tips, you will see many, many uses in the listed grapple thread.

Congratulations to all you guys with new tractors!!!

Rick, congrats on the upgrade! I am appropriately envious of the three rear remotes and rear lift lever the LS's now come with. I need top/tilt and angle. Keep me posted on how your new LS4155 is working out.

/ New XR4155HC on its way! #106  
Congratulations to all you guys with new tractors!!!

Rick, congrats on the upgrade! I am appropriately envious of the three rear remotes and rear lift lever the LS's now come with. I need top/tilt and angle. Keep me posted on how your new LS4155 is working out.

If we ever get some real rain here, I need to work on our Ranch roads and driveways. Working them, with some moisture, always works much better, plus less dust.

My 3rd remote is used for the angle cylinder on my Land Pride 96” RB 3796 rear blade. I run the rear blade first to pull gravel, from sides, back to the middle. The I use my Woods 84” GSM84 grader / plane to level everything out.

IMG_1558.JPG

IMG_0060.JPG

/ New XR4155HC on its way! #107  
Just got done reading this thread. Thanks so much for the advice and wisdom! I got an XR3135H in August last year and am just now starting to figure out its limits. It's been a remarkable machine. 100 hr service likely in Autumn.

/ New XR4155HC on its way! #108  
New XR4155H has arrived at my Dealer, prep should be completed early next and pick up on Saturday.
6 Box Blade, 6 Brush Cutter, 48 forks, and 53 grapple to get started.
Can稚 wait to play, I mean get to work 😂
Mike

Last edited:
Congrats Sierra Acers!!!! Your going to love that tractor!! Get that grapple on!!! You won't believe the things you can do with it! Post up some pic's of that new tractor here when you get a chance!!!!

I am also constantly impressed with how fuel efficient this tractor is.

Just rolled 750hrs now here pulling the round bales in from the field, time for oil/filters!!

/ New XR4155HC on its way! #110  
New XR4155H has arrived at my Dealer, prep should be completed early next and pick up on Saturday.
6 Box Blade, 6 Brush Cutter, 48 forks, and 53 grapple to get started.
Can稚 wait to play, I mean get to work 😂
Mike

Congrats! Sounds like a great first round of accessories too!