Pole barn materials have arrived

/ Pole barn materials have arrived
When I had mine built, the materials sat on the ground for a couple of weeks before the construction crew arrived to put it up. The pile of materials was not covered with a tarp or anything, but I didn't pay much attention to it, it's gonna be a building, what could hurt it? It rained a couple of times on the pile before installation day.

The crew came and put up the building, and it wasn't till then that I noticed a big mud stain on the inside of the top panel of one of my overhead doors where rain had splashed mud up onto what was the underside of one of the material piles.

It hasn't been important enough to put a ladder up and wash it, but it is important enough to mildly annoy me and make me wish I had covered that pile of materials.

The materials came 3 weeks ago. They really did a super job in wrapping everything up, cause we have had some off and on rain. I don't have the doors, as they wait till the building is done and a door company from Knoxville will install them.

/ Pole barn materials have arrived #32  
The materials came 3 weeks ago. They really did a super job in wrapping everything up, cause we have had some off and on rain. I don't have the doors, as they wait till the building is done and a door company from Knoxville will install them.
No offense...but you create this thread titled: "Pole barn materials have arrived" just 3 days ago but now we find out they have been there for three weeks?? JMO...but this thread is starting to resemble the "neighbor damaged trees" thread...

/ Pole barn materials have arrived #33  
Its for our motorhome, tractor, truck and storage. Just some nice lights !

I know it's early but it took me 2 years to find lights that I liked and I am very happy with them.
They are 4' LED 4500 lumens, with pull chain, cord and socket for daisy chaining from Rural King for $24.95 and they ship!
Pic is my 40' X 60' with 6 0f them.

Attachments

• DSCN1293.JPG
    DSCN1293.JPG
    750 KB · Views: 127
No offense...but you create this thread titled: "Pole barn materials have arrived" just 3 days ago but now we find out they have been there for three weeks?? JMO...but this thread is starting to resemble the "neighbor damaged trees" thread...

We were out of the country for 3 weeks when the materials arrived ! Just got back home last week.

/ Pole barn materials have arrived #35  
I got a crate of broodlamps on sale and populated them with some big, cheap, CFLs. Got about $11 in each light. One lamp failure in 2 years so far, but I bought extras.

shedequip.jpg

/ Pole barn materials have arrived #36  
You create this thread titled: "Pole barn materials have arrived" just 3 days ago but now we find out they have been there for three weeks??

Actually this is just some interior renovations. The building was installed a year ago. I think a neighbor did the install and felt short-changed somehow. Just a rumor I heard. :D

/ Pole barn materials have arrived #37  
All the materials are here. Just waiting for the Morton Builders to get caught up so they can start here. Probably late next week. View attachment 562113View attachment 562114View attachment 562115View attachment 562116View attachment 562117

If they haven't started building yet, you might want to take a peak under that plastic. Sometimes the lumber covered in plastic on damp ground creates a greenhouse effect. It can grow mold and mildew and stain the lumber pretty bad.

If they haven't started building yet, you might want to take a peak under that plastic. Sometimes the lumber covered in plastic on damp ground creates a greenhouse effect. It can grow mold and mildew and stain the lumber pretty bad.

The trusses are only covered on the one side, so they are ok. I thought about this Ford850...I will go out this morning and pull the plastic off the lumber pile....Thanks !