Just a test thread, please ignore

/ Just a test thread, please ignore #31  
This reminds me of a desk drawer with a sign on it that says "Do NOT open"

/ Just a test thread, please ignore #32  
I ignored as long as I could, but now I need to know the meaning of life?

/ Just a test thread, please ignore #33  
Reported as spam :D

This thread can not be reported as spam,,, unless there are photos,,,

ORANGE photos,, or, in my case,

5665p_zpsb3c14cf0.jpg

The main machine is painted Gravely Red, the hood is painted Ford Mustang Orange,,,
the colors are identical.

4_zps6c71f1aa.jpg

/ Just a test thread, please ignore #34  

5665p_zpsb3c14cf0.jpg

The main machine is painted Gravely Red, the hood is painted Ford Mustang Orange,,,

4_zps6c71f1aa.jpg

They’re not going to do anything but you can in fact report it with or without the picture.

/ Just a test thread, please ignore #35  
Why is this thread linked from pallets?

/ Just a test thread, please ignore #36  

5665p_zpsb3c14cf0.jpg

4_zps6c71f1aa.jpg
These pics made reading through the first 3 1/2 pages of the thread worthwhile.

/ Just a test thread, please ignore #37  
True story:

My friend entered his Chevrolet Malibu SS with 427ci in a car show. Perfect restoration- he has passed now but he was the type to spend every night up until 10pm working on his beloved car. A competing car was entered by someone who was friends with the judges.

The judge's friend won the top award with a 100 point car. My friend's car was rated at 99 points. When he protested, they said his engine was the wrong color. He presented documentation of having purchased the factory correct paint from GM. The judges said: "Yes the color is correct, but it is the wrong hue."

Sometimes you can't win.

/ Just a test thread, please ignore
True story:

My friend entered his Chevrolet Malibu SS with 427ci in a car show. Perfect restoration- he has passed now but he was the type to spend every night up until 10pm working on his beloved car. A competing car was entered by someone who was friends with the judges.

The judge's friend won the top award with a 100 point car. My friend's car was rated at 99 points. When he protested, they said his engine was the wrong color. He presented documentation of having purchased the factory correct paint from GM. The judges said: "Yes the color is correct, but it is the wrong hue."

Sometimes you can't win.

Yeah, both of my kids have run into that in judging at the 4H fair over the years. An example was we went out west one year on vacation. One of my daughters took a lot of photos (everything was film, not digital). Probably 10 rolls. She had a lot of great shots of cliff dwellings, mountains, the Grand Canyon, etc...

One of her projects was to put together a board with 10 pictures. So she had 10 of her best western shots. It was great. She got a blue ribbon. But the judge's comments mentioned that she shouldn't have done all 10 shots of similar subjects, and to be more diverse.

So, we look around and see the grand champion board. It's 10 pictures of peas on the vine. All green leaves and pea pods. 10 pictures! My daughter about had a cow. She even went so far as to complain to the fair board at a meeting. Now this is a 14 year old girl, and she was livid. I was very proud of her.

I've got more fair judge horror stories, but I've told my kids, in a judged contest, it's all subjective to the judges' whims and taste. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Just do your best. Make your art to please yourself and don't worry about what anyone else thinks about it. They both got it and get it, and are pretty at-ease with things like that now. But still makes you go Grrrr! once in a while. :laughing:

/ Just a test thread, please ignore #39  
Jenny kiss’d me when we met,
Jumping from the chair she sat in;
Time, you thief, who love to get
Sweets into your list, put that in!
Say I’m weary, say I’m sad,
Say that health and wealth have miss’d me,
Say I’m growing old, but add,
Jenny kiss’d me.

/ Just a test thread, please ignore #40  
Jenny kiss’d me when we met,
Jumping from the chair she sat in;
Time, you thief, who love to get
Sweets into your list, put that in!
Say I’m weary, say I’m sad,
Say that health and wealth have miss’d me,
Say I’m growing old, but add,
Jenny kiss’d me.

Sounds familiar, could you provide song and or author?