The top benefit of having a cab tractor.

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #21  
We always had about 30% cab and 70% open station tractors at any one time.

Almost impossible planting straight rows over 1/4 mile long heading into a low sun with even a little dust on otherwise spotless windows.

Of course this was the days before GPS.

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #22  
so glad you got some relief from your asthma - mine will flare up if im not careful when mowing due to allergens, the cab has been such a blessing for that - enjoy that cab and sometimes our wives have much more sense ;-)!!!

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #23  
I'm wanting a mid size cab tractor one day. I insisted on a cab when I bought my backhoe.

Was digging stumps this morning in the AC watching a cloud of love bugs in the outside.

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #24  
If you're asking my top benefit of a cab, it's for blowing snow. I blew snow for 17 years on an open tractor and finally said "that's enough!".

My first cabbed tractor had an afermarket cab with no HVAC. I added a heater.

My B3030 has a factory cab with heat and AC. It's great for mowing/brush-hogging, or even driving it down the road when it's 90ー out. As others have mentioned, I think I appreciate the dust protection more than the AC, although there is no way I operate a cab with no AC in the summer, even in VT!

My only complaint is that the backhoe is not included in the HVAC. And the back window doesn't open quite far enough for me to fit on the seat and get a little residual air.

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #25  
I've had my 6530 for 11 years this month. Well worth the extra coins. I can't imagine baling hay without a cab. Predecessor was a JD 4230C with a bigger baler.

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #26  
I didn't really think of it until I read Texasmark's comment; the reduction in noise is worth it. Cutting or baling hay all day is to much noise for any man to listen too. :2cents:

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #27  
I didn't really think of it until I read Texasmark's comment; the reduction in noise is worth it. Cutting or baling hay all day is to much noise for any man to listen too. :2cents:

Yes, but many years of doing so has contributed to my selective hearing, as I sometimes hear my wife say. :dance1:

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #28  
For me it was about overall usability. If I get home from work and only have an hour to do tractor chores before having to be someplace else, I can work with no issues. Air conditioning will keep me cool in the summer and the heat will keep me warm in the winter. I don't have to worry about getting all sweaty and dusty in an open station cab. For me tractor work is just as easy as watching TV. Plus I am able to safely bring a child along for the ride if they're interested. Having a cab with a buddy seat makes it a lot easier to know where a child is if they happen to be outside while doing tractor work.

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #29  

Reduction in noise was a big deal for me. I never ran my John Deere unless I had ear plugs screwed into my ears because it is so loud. But after so many hours the ear plugs would begin to hurt my ears.
It's nice to be out mowing now and be able to listen to the stereo if I wanted!

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #30  
Staying warm while plowing snow was the deciding factor for me. now that I've had a cab, I'll never go back to an open station.