The top benefit of having a cab tractor.

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #31  
Is everyone forgetting about the obvious benefit? You close the door and crank the radio up and you can't hear the wife or kids.

Besides that, it's keeping the snow off in winter and staying cool in the A/C in summer.

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #32  
I think the best feature is the sweet Bluetooth stereo. Makes spending all day mowing or tilling a joy. Being nice and warm in the mornings and cool in the afternoons is close second.

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #33  
...the reduction in noise is worth it.

I've never operated a B3030 (or other HST B-Series tractor for that matter) without a cab. But it seems to me that the cab actually captures and/or magnifies the HST noise. I can't operate it without hearing protection other than just moving it around.

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #34  
Is everyone forgetting about the obvious benefit? You close the door and crank the radio up and you can't hear the wife or kids.

Mine doesn't have a radio (as far as I know). But I do have (2) pair of 3M Worktunes hearing protectors/radio/BT earmuffs... Way better than a radio IMO. First of all, there is no station within my reception that I really care for - VPR Classic is the closest and OK, but I prefer internet streaming services, which I can play through my phone and broadcast to my ear muffs. Of course, this has nothing to do with open vs. cab tractors...

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #35  
I've never operated a B3030 (or other HST B-Series tractor for that matter) without a cab. But it seems to me that the cab actually captures and/or magnifies the HST noise. I can't operate it without hearing protection other than just moving it around.

If your getting that much noise from the tranny, you need to have it looked at.

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor.
I think the best feature is the sweet Bluetooth stereo. Makes spending all day mowing or tilling a joy. Being nice and warm in the mornings and cool in the afternoons is close second.

Yes indeed. I generally listen to talk radio or music but my wife loves being able to get a hold of me. I normally don’t answer my phone when out working but since it automatically connects in the tractor and automatically mutes the radio and answers I just start talking and she hears perfectly and I never have to stop.

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor.
Reduction in noise was a big deal for me. I never ran my John Deere unless I had ear plugs screwed into my ears because it is so loud. But after so many hours the ear plugs would begin to hurt my ears.
It's nice to be out mowing now and be able to listen to the stereo if I wanted!

Yes sir! I grew up and logged 1000s of hours on loud open station tractors, it’s a wonder my hearing is still fairly good. I am still amazed how quiet it is in my cab. The other day a friend videoed me from outside while I was using my Lane Shark on front and rotary cutter on back clearing some shooting lanes cutting lots of limbs. I couldn’t believe how loud it was watching it lol. Did seem loud at all in the cab!

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #38  
If your getting that much noise from the tranny, you need to have it looked at.

If he's getting more noise than without a cab, he better get another brand! Geesh. :eek:

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #39  
I'm deathly allergic to bee's, wasp's, yellow jackets, etc., but refuse to lock myself indoors. Between air conditioning, heat, sound reduction, and protection from hymenopterans, it's hard to say which I like best, but I do enjoy operating my Kubota HSTC in my so called 'golden' years.

/ The top benefit of having a cab tractor. #40  
"... drove right over their hole and let the cutter sit on top of them a bit." Yep, I've gleefully done that in my cabbed Kioti!