Fencing on my rock farm ;)

/ Fencing on my rock farm ;)
Hammering IMG_20181117_140654.jpeg

/ Fencing on my rock farm ;) #23  
And I thought getting through our DG was bad. At least it breaks up once you pound on it. These guys like to stay together! You have a beautiful place!

A challenge when you have a small miniexcavatorIMG_20181117_161352.jpeg

It gave upIMG_20181117_162600.jpeg

The plan was a 8t machine but the tire on the tractor that is used to move the 8t was flat and damaged beyond repair so the Taceuchi TB16 it is :)

And i'm not the operator so no credit to me

/ Fencing on my rock farm ;) #28  
We have to travel a hundred miles to another state to find rocks, and then pay for them by the pound. They are too expensive to use for anything other then an accent in decorating.

/ Fencing on my rock farm ;) #29  
Good Lord - - I have access to a potential gold mine. The neighbors property has miles of "rock walls". From when the original homesteaders cleared their fields. These "walls" are about 2 1/2 feet high - about 12' to 15' wide and go for miles. Biggest rocks form the outer edges with smaller rock filling in the middle.

The homesteader on this land - 1890's - reportedly had five sons. I wonder what they did for fun - - no question what they did for work. There is even an old rock sled over by the homestead site.

One of these days I and my trusty camera will go over and photo some of these walls & the old home site. All that remains of the homesite is the rock foundation.

/ Fencing on my rock farm ;) #30  
Good Lord - - I have access to a potential gold mine. The neighbors property has miles of "rock walls". From when the original homesteaders cleared their fields. These "walls" are about 2 1/2 feet high - about 12' to 15' wide and go for miles. Biggest rocks form the outer edges with smaller rock filling in the middle.

The homesteader on this land - 1890's - reportedly had five sons. I wonder what they did for fun - - no question what they did for work. There is even an old rock sled over by the homestead site.

One of these days I and my trusty camera will go over and photo some of these walls & the old home site. All that remains of the homesite is the rock foundation.

My experience is the rocks are nearly worthless and all the money is in hauling them.