Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,831  
Wow - I'm not sure I would tackle those. I would think a "little hard" might be an under statement. For me a 36" tree is big firewood and most that I have to handle are 26" or less. We do have some four foot plus maples. They are like old matriarchs that have been here 200 years and belong here. I would never cut one and when they go over I just let them be.

View attachment 579203

gg

Gordan, I would have let them be also . . . but they were dying from the top . . . and fire wood is a good thing.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,832  
Good pictures ! I especially liked the pic of the kid in the sled by the fire all wrapped up in a blanket

gg

Thanks. I don't get on here as often as I would like but when I do pictures of what others are doing/building etc etc are my favourite. Figured I should contribute as well.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,833  
You guys with all that beautiful snow and sunshine are making me jealous. All we got is we snow, ice, slush and clouds - about as ugly as you can get!

Yeah it was a beautiful day for sure, about -12 degrees no wind and a warm sun. They aren't all like that though. LOL.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,834  
Gordan, I would have let them be also . . . but they were dying from the top . . . and fire wood is a good thing.

That is true for sure. What section of Oregon are you in ? I have a daughter & SIL plus 2 grand kids in Portland. She went out to work in the North Cascades as a wilderness ranger out of Marblemount WA in 93. Met Ranger-Rick and stayed. When ever we get out there I make sure we visit some of your beautiful North Pacific woods. I just love the big woods you have. So different than here. Last July we went to Silver Springs State Park. Maybe you've been there.

P1180075.JPG

P1180095.JPG

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,835  
Yeah it was a beautiful day for sure, about -12 degrees no wind and a warm sun. They aren't all like that though. LOL.

-12 degrees and you were working in a short sleeve Tshirt with no jacket. Where I live people just do not get it how you cannot be cold when it gets below 50 F. I keep telling them on a bright sunny day with no wind it is gorgeous shirt sleeve weather!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,836  
I think -12 degrees in Canada is -12 celsius which means it's much warmer, not really -12 degrees, even I'm not that tough.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,837  
I think -12 degrees in Canada is -12 celsius which means it's much warmer, not really -12 degrees, even I'm not that tough.
Not any more maybe. I remember in my younger days, going out before work to check beaver traps in -10' F and stripping down to my tee shirt; I didn't stay that way long though, once I got the hole chopped out.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,838  
-12C is 10.4F, which is still brisk to be out in a t-shirt. :laughing:

I've been doing my annual winter conditioning the past couple weeks getting acclimated to colder temps for ice fishing this coming winter. We've had a really cold November and I've been wearing just a hoodie over my t-shirt and jeans. Taking it off and walking in just the t-shirt whenever I can. Lots of folks wearing winter coats already. :confused3:

:laughing:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #6,839  
Wow - I'm not sure I would tackle those. I would think a "little hard" might be an under statement. For me a 36" tree is big firewood and most that I have to handle are 26" or less. We do have some four foot plus maples. They are like old matriarchs that have been here 200 years and belong here. I would never cut one and when they go over I just let them be.

View attachment 579203

gg

Speaking of 36”, this is what faces me. IMG_0206.JPG