What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?
I had almost forgotten how much I love my snow pusher.

I have a longer driveway, 1200 ft or so. With this last snowfall, I figured I would hit it with the plow on the UTV. Did fine, but it continued to snow and ended up with about 8".

Put on the pusher and went out with the tractor. 15 minutes and done. Something to be said for sitting in the cab, with the heat on, and just muscling huge amounts of snow out of the way with no effort.

On the downside, I had ordered a set of chains last year and never got around to putting them on. This weekend, I decided to go ahead and mount them for the winter. An hour later, lots of cursing and WTFing later and still no chains. I think they might be too short for the tires. I also lost my little chain tensioning tool (very small load binder) in my barn fire, so that didn't help. Will be calling them today to discuss what I ordered and what I should have.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #412  
Finally finished moving the 4 big truckloads of gravel/clay mix onto my trails with my 5035. A lot of backing up to areas I could turn around in. The 76" bucket capacity constantly being lowered by the clay. Freezing my arse off with the on/off lake effect rain/snow flurries and wind. Took the 1526 out with my 6' EA rake and dressed it up some for the winter. Bought a pressure washer to maybe try to get some of the clay off both tractors before the winter. My 5035 is really nasty with moving over 8 truckloads of the mixture over the summer, digging stumps, etc. But my woods trails are going to be golden next spring when I finally drag them all out flat. My neighbor heaps up his new big International dump truck to try to impress me. And I am grateful ....

Clay in Vandy? I thought the entire northern 1/3 of the LP was pretty much sandy soil, but obviously not. How much snow do you have on the ground? We went up north of Baldwin to do some trail riding yesterday and the roads and trails were partially snow and ice covered (but melting).

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #413  
Clay in Vandy? I thought the entire northern 1/3 of the LP was pretty much sandy soil, but obviously not. How much snow do you have on the ground? We went up north of Baldwin to do some trail riding yesterday and the roads and trails were partially snow and ice covered (but melting).

You dig one hole and find gravel. Dig another, find sand. Dig another find a huge boulder. The ridge on the south side of my property is clay, and out on my east back line, gravel... The buffalo ranch guy can sit his Cat excavator in one spot and fill his truck with alternate bucket loads of clay or pit run gravel... Weird how the glaciers pushed all this stuff into one area... but I am not complaining.

Only about 4" of snow. It finally warmed up over 32 and we have had rain the last two day. I warshed the 5035, chained up the backhoe bucket/stabilizers, and put her in the back of the barn. Fired up the cab'd tractor and put her in the front of the barn. Spent a couple hours pulling the snow off the back of the house with a snow rake and busted up the ice on the edge of the roof/gutters. The snow is finally sliding off the north side of my barn roof. The south side had self cleared the coating of honey dew/mildew that had built up about 4-5 years ago when we had a bad bug problem up in the sugar maples. I spent several week ends last summer trying to scrub off the coating on the north roof where the sun did not help like the south. Looks like maybe I am good to go. Sure have sleepless nights when the house or barn has several feet or more of snow built up.... I have seen almost five feet on the east side of my house roof. It is built to take abuse, but you never know when you are going to get another couple feet of cement like heavy snow on top of what you already have.

Last edited:
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #414  
chipped a little brush

a2.jpg

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #415  
Put a new log splitter together.

A__E368.jpg

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #416  
20181125_140548.jpg
Yesterday I took out the battery in order to put some dielectric grease on a connector hidden behind it. Also coated the battery cable connections. Today used it to clear around trees in order to get to the trunks for cutting. Until today hadn't seen my son's wagon in about fifteen years, wondered what happened to it.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #417  
Took my 1526 way out back to hopefully do a final leveling on the winter of '19 stack of wood. Use it with the flashers/beacon on so I don't look like venison to some idiot hunter that maybe had wandered into our area. On the end, you will see a recently customized 4' level that I have permanently donated to the wood stacking area after some idiot tractor operator backed over it with his trailer. As you can see, most of our snow is gone. Pile is about 35' long and almost 5' high, cut into 18" lengths. Covered it this year with tar paper. Last years pile was covered with plastic, like usual. The snow last year created about a 3' pile on top that acted like a sail. One windy day the sail blew over and took about the top foot of wood with it. So, I am done with the plastic experiment and on to new ones....

Attachments

• IMG_0337 (Large).jpeg
    IMG_0337 (Large).jpeg
    513.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0336 (Large).jpeg
    IMG_0336 (Large).jpeg
    534.8 KB · Views: 89
   / What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #418  
JerryK, I have heard people use old conveyor belt to cover their wood. I don't know if this helps but I was told it is less prone to blow off in the wind, since it is heavier. All I was able to this weekend with my tractor is take it for a quick spin and move a little wood the rain and mud has made everything a disaster. I'm ready for things to freeze.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #419  
JerryK, I have heard people use old conveyor belt to cover their wood. I don't know if this helps but I was told it is less prone to blow off in the wind, since it is heavier. All I was able to this weekend with my tractor is take it for a quick spin and move a little wood the rain and mud has made everything a disaster. I'm ready for things to freeze.

I have to pick what trails I drive on cuz I just spread over 40 yards of clay/gravel mix. Did not have time to drag it level or mix it in much since the snow/cold came in quick this fall... and it is real messy after the snow. And, I just warshed my tractors... so I am real picky too... Thank God I made multiple trails to get around on. The plastic worked pretty good, lay down a layer and then cover it with a layer of wood. But the snow froze down to the top cover of wood, and that froze down to the plastic, and the plastic froze down to some of the wood underneath, and then the whole shebang fell over when the wind hit the snow on top... made a real mess. :)

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #420  
Set 10 railroad ties for H-posts on a new fence
using a Speeco (County Line from Tractor Supply)
heavy duty post hole digger with a 9 inch auger.

I was too tired to take pictures.

1500 feet of cedar line posts with a six inch auger tomorrow.