Rear Dif Lock Activation

/ Rear Dif Lock Activation #1  

Merc1100sc

Tractor
None
2017 CK2610HST.

I can't get the dif lock lever to budge for anything. Tried both moving and not moving. One wheel slipping or not.
is the spring just too stiff or something else wrong?

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

/ Rear Dif Lock Activation #2  
Rather than moving per se, just rock the tractor a little bit back and forward while putting lots of pressure on the diff lock.

/ Rear Dif Lock Activation
Ive tried everything short of removing the spring behind the lever or taking things apart without any luck. Is this something covered under warranty?
Any other suggestions. Thanks

/ Rear Dif Lock Activation #4  
Assuming you have checked for simple things like a rock being stuck under the lever, it sounds as though your diff lock fork joint pin is either damaged, or the fork itself is damaged. Let me see if I can dig some diagrams up.....

/ Rear Dif Lock Activation #5  
Parts for the diff lock system at MIE
Parts Finder Michigan Iron & Equipment Morrice, MI (855) 265-459

You may be able to look through other transmission parts diagrams there in the website to flesh out what may be going on, and the scope of repair if needed.

Here is a description from the CK25 (similar diff lock setup) which may also assist in your troubleshooting.
CK25 diff lock.jpg

/ Rear Dif Lock Activation #7  
I have never had to use mine, but I have a question.
Once I push the lever down will it stay engaged until I pull it up, like the 4WD, or do I have to keep my foot on the lever to keep the Dif Lock engaged?

/ Rear Dif Lock Activation #8  
I have never had to use mine, but I have a question.
Once I push the lever down will it stay engaged until I pull it up, like the 4WD, or do I have to keep my foot on the lever to keep the Dif Lock engaged?

"It depends". Sometimes it will immediately pop back up if you take your foot off. Sometimes will stay engaged for a long time after removing your foot until you do some turns and/or direction changes. I keep my heel on it when I want it engaged then just let it disengage when it feels it is time to do so :)

/ Rear Dif Lock Activation #9  
Were you making turn while engage?

/ Rear Dif Lock Activation #10  
While my DK45 may not be exactly the same as your CK2610, my arrangement does look like the diagram from xcgreen's post.

Mine takes about 10 lbs to push the lever down. If the 'splines' are not aligned, the lever only goes about halfway. Keeping a steady pressure will allow the diff to lock as soon as the splines do align; a wheel slipping as you describe should allow the pedal to go all the way down immediately. Otherwise, I just keep a steady pressure on the pedal, and as soon as a wheel starts to slip you can definitely feel the pedal drop & the differential lock. Just to get the feel, you might try it while driving in a circle (rear wheels turning at different speeds)

I can't imagine you would need to push with more than 15-20 lbs... Does the lever move at all? If not, it must be jammed. This seems to me something that is definitely covered by warranty...unless you have run over an object (tree limb), and have jammed something into the linkage.

To: MikeR 2018 when you release the lever (lift your foot up) the lock should release. If it doesn't immediately, it's because the differential is in a bind, turning the steering wheel left, then right (while moving, of course) should relieve the pressure, and the lever will snap up.