Rear Dif Lock Activation

/ Rear Dif Lock Activation #11  
Initially my NX was hard to move but now with 95 hours it moves with about 15# of pressure though doesn't seem to do anything. One tire will spin and the other does nothing.

/ Rear Dif Lock Activation #12  
Initially my NX was hard to move but now with 95 hours it moves with about 15# of pressure though doesn't seem to do anything. One tire will spin and the other does nothing.

If it doesn't seem to do anything,,,it's NOT doing anything. When it 'engages' you WILL know it. You will 'feel' it slip into engagement (it feels like shifting gears in a manual transmission), the steering wheel will have (at best) little effect on the direction the tractor goes (straight ahead!) and there will be no slipping of a rear wheel.

/ Rear Dif Lock Activation #13  
"It depends". Sometimes it will immediately pop back up if you take your foot off. Sometimes will stay engaged for a long time after removing your foot until you do some turns and/or direction changes. I keep my heel on it when I want it engaged then just let it disengage when it feels it is time to do so :)

Thanks

/ Rear Dif Lock Activation #14  
If it doesn't seem to do anything,,,it's NOT doing anything. When it 'engages' you WILL know it. You will 'feel' it slip into engagement (it feels like shifting gears in a manual transmission), the steering wheel will have (at best) little effect on the direction the tractor goes (straight ahead!) and there will be no slipping of a rear wheel.

Unless both rear wheels spin..<G>

Rancho
CK20 HST

/ Rear Dif Lock Activation #16  
Hmm, maybe I'll say this off-topic, but you didn't think initially to call a locksmith who could help you.