Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,122  
He could of just pulled across about 4 spaces and would of been just about as disruptive as the way he was parked.

I was at a SHEETZ gas station a few weeks back with my crew cab Ram and a 25 foot flat deck trailer. I pulled in to the pumps from the inside, with the rear of the trailer facing the building. Cars are parked all along the curb at the building, most are pulled in. My trailer is long at about 30 feet including the front frame, my truck is almost 20 feet... so I am sticking back towards those cars and trucks. I am standing there filling the truck when the truck rocks violently. Yep. A young girl walked out of the store, never looked around, tossed her car in reverse and must have mashed it like she wanted to win a race. My trailer is 2,800 lbs with a 10,000 lb machine on it and attached to a full size pickup. It did not move. At all. Her car sure moved! Her back end ate the C channel as the car inverted the rear corner to make space for my trailer to live inside of it. I kind of felt bad.

I do normally try to park out in the back 40, but when you need fuel and the station only has so much property and your trying negotiate 50 feet of junk around the lot and the pumps..... you do what you have to do.

(Picture is from the day I picked up the machine, the accident was the day I returned it filled with diesel for my buddy)

Attachments

• New Holland C232.jpg
    New Holland C232.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 360
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,123  
I was at a SHEETZ gas station a few weeks back with my crew cab Ram and a 25 foot flat deck trailer. I pulled in to the pumps from the inside, with the rear of the trailer facing the building. Cars are parked all along the curb at the building, most are pulled in. My trailer is long at about 30 feet including the front frame, my truck is almost 20 feet... so I am sticking back towards those cars and trucks. I am standing there filling the truck when the truck rocks violently. Yep. A young girl walked out of the store, never looked around, tossed her car in reverse and must have mashed it like she wanted to win a race. My trailer is 2,800 lbs with a 10,000 lb machine on it and attached to a full size pickup. It did not move. At all. Her car sure moved! Her back end ate the C channel as the car inverted the rear corner to make space for my trailer to live inside of it. I kind of felt bad.

I do normally try to park out in the back 40, but when you need fuel and the station only has so much property and your trying negotiate 50 feet of junk around the lot and the pumps..... you do what you have to do.

(Picture is from the day I picked up the machine, the accident was the day I returned it filled with diesel for my buddy)

My daughter learned that lesson about checking your surroundings. She backed up and cranked the steering wheel to turn around at a friend's house. Didn't pay attention to what was behind her. She found the light pole illuminating the parking area :rolleyes:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,124  
I don't know if this is true, but I had heard that one reason truckers prefer to travel in the passing lane is that it is a lot smoother. The right lane gets so much traffic that the pavement breaks down faster, so is more likely to be rough and have potholes.
Yeah they would know... they are the ones that wore out the right lane! :D If I was a trucker, I would tend to drive in the middle lane especially near the cities where there are lots of on ramps. Many times a person in front of me entering from a ramp causes me to potentially get in a pickle because they don't read the situation correctly.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,125  
Yeah they would know... they are the ones that wore out the right lane! :D If I was a trucker, I would tend to drive in the middle lane especially near the cities where there are lots of on ramps. Many times a person in front of me entering from a ramp causes me to potentially get in a pickle because they don't read the situation correctly.

They also paid a lot more than you to go down the road.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,127  
Roadways are built to withstand trucks as the upper limit of design. So yes, they wear out the right lane and want to move to the other lanes.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,129  
Roadways are built to withstand trucks as the upper limit of design. So yes, they wear out the right lane and want to move to the other lanes.

The lane's not so much the issue as following a car length back from group of cars at 75mph for 30 miles.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #9,130