Buying Advice I am looking for the "most" stable CUT for my hillside avocado orchard

/ I am looking for the "most" stable CUT for my hillside avocado orchard #31  
PTSG

Thanks for the info on the Antonio Carraro tractors. Some of these look perfect for my situation. Unfortunately their is only one importer in the US making parts and maintenance problematic.

I've got a AC TTR4400. I've not found parts to be a problem, though needed few parts thankfully. The ones I did need were at my door with in 2 weeks. Because my order wasn't large enough, I waited to have it booked with others. Some parts came all the way from Italy.

/ I am looking for the "most" stable CUT for my hillside avocado orchard
I've got a AC TTR4400. I've not found parts to be a problem, though needed few parts thankfully. The ones I did need were at my door with in 2 weeks. Because my order wasn't large enough, I waited to have it booked with others. Some parts came all the way from Italy.

The TTR4400 looks like a very versatile tractor with reversible drive center and 3pt hitch. When the drive center is reversed, it reminds me of the Power Trac having the oscillation but not the articulation. The Italian designs never cease to amaze me. What is your opinion of the TTR4400? How do you use it and would you purchase it again?

Last edited:
   / I am looking for the "most" stable CUT for my hillside avocado orchard
Ground clearance appears to be a non-issue. I've only gotten my little PT425 stuck once in 18 years, when I was traveling down a steep hill, climbed over a log, and there was no ground on the other side. The larger the model, the less likely you'd get stuck.

Anyhow, they are worth a look.

Thanks for the info. The ground clearance seems to be about the same as many small tractors. It would be nice if they came with a std cat1 3pt hitch and a mechanical 540rpm PTO shaft for versatility.

/ I am looking for the "most" stable CUT for my hillside avocado orchard #34  
   / I am looking for the "most" stable CUT for my hillside avocado orchard #35  
Some Antonio Carraro tractors also have a front diff lock. I believe it's an option for the tractors that have 4 equal sized wheels.

I took a look at a Tigre 4000 before I got the Branson. It looked pretty nice and I would go with it if the dealer would accept my old tractors as trade in.

They do have some optional features that should be standard in my opinion. Like the independant PTO and position/draft control.

/ I am looking for the "most" stable CUT for my hillside avocado orchard #36  
Any specialty machines that have their own attachments are usually an expensive proposition. I think there are budget considerations here.

/ I am looking for the "most" stable CUT for my hillside avocado orchard #37  
TWhat is your opinion of the TTR4400? How do you use it and would you purchase it again?
I think it's a great machine! I bought mine used and it came with a 5' flail mower and 5' snow plow. I've put over 100 hours on it since May. It's one of 4 tractors we have on the farm. It has taken over all the brush hog/mowing (but not hay cutting) duties. It's a great machine for running our wood chipper. It also does most of the hay raking (9') and it runs our Kverneland hydraulic bale wrapper. It's decent power in a small package, easy on-off, as a HST it's really good for mowing around and under trees. We've used it to run a 5' tiller but I think that was too much for it so we put that back on one of the larger machines. I bought a 3PT->SSQA attachment plate so I can use a bale spear on it as well as the 6' bucket from a different tractor. I haven't gotten the top-link lenght/adjustment sorted out on that so I haven't really been able to scoop anything in the bucket. If I could get that working, it'd be like a very limited FEL. But I've got 2 other tractors with FELs so it's not a high priority.

Overall it's a great machine, stable as can be which is good because we've got some sloped areas. Having said all those good things about it, I don't think it's practical as the only machine. It doesn't/shouldn't have a loader on it and that's utility and function that's just very hard to replace so if you're a 1 tractor shop/property I'd pass. Because it's reversible I've found that I either need to reverse my tires or get chains because it's not very good in the snow with the 29x12.5-15 tires. A solvable problem but not one I thought about until winter arrived. And finally they aren't all that common so expertise and used parts are likely pretty hard to find. I'm in the same state as the importer and they've been very helpful but I'm sure there are issues that will arise that would be more easily solved with a dealer down the street. Thankfully I haven't found those yet.

/ I am looking for the "most" stable CUT for my hillside avocado orchard #38  
I found an article that says that Kukje (Branson) made a deal with Carraro in 2016. Not sure what for.

If you're going to run a PTO chipper I think you'll want an engine driven PTO. There'll be a lot of HP lost going to hydraulic to turn the PTO.

/ I am looking for the "most" stable CUT for my hillside avocado orchard #39  
I found an article that says that Kukje (Branson) made a deal with Carraro in 2016. Not sure what for.

If you're going to run a PTO chipper I think you'll want an engine driven PTO. There'll be a lot of HP lost going to hydraulic to turn the PTO.

Antonio Carraro and Carraro are actually two different companies.

Carraro builds conventional, vineyards and orchard tractors while Antonio Carraro builds isodiametric tractors.

The only connection between the two companies is that the founders were brothers.

As far as the Branson/Carraro connection, Branson builds the K series for Carraro that is basically a grey 20/25 series Branson tractor, like they did with McCormick.

/ I am looking for the "most" stable CUT for my hillside avocado orchard #40