Your thoughts on this framing job

/ Your thoughts on this framing job #81  
My guess would be that if you have a package your carrying through the doorway or something of that nature and you tap your window that it won't break into shards of glass.
Yeah, code also says any window near a bathtub or shower is safety glass. If it breaks, it wont cut your head off. Just explodes in 10 million tiny peices.

/ Your thoughts on this framing job #82  
Yeah, code also says any window near a bathtub or shower is safety glass. If it breaks, it wont cut your head off. Just explodes in 10 million tiny peices.

Like used on cars! Once slammed the car door on a 3 hour old new car ant the whole rear window exploded, what a mess!

For sure on a large wall expanse of glass like that I'd like some safety glass, especially in a tornado or earthquake zone, especially on the higher panes.
I can just see huge shards coming lose and slicing you as they fell.
For that matter even lower panes as who knows that you can't trip and plunge headfirst in to that 'glass wall'.
In fact I believe codes require safety glass in most commercial glass store fronts.

Whole different kettle of fish when a modestly sized window has a frame that is generally within arms length that you can reach if you trip and fall.

/ Your thoughts on this framing job #83  
Like used on cars! Once slammed the car door on a 3 hour old new car ant the whole rear window exploded, what a mess!

For sure on a large wall expanse of glass like that I'd like some safety glass, especially in a tornado or earthquake zone, especially on the higher panes.
I can just see huge shards coming lose and slicing you as they fell.
For that matter even lower panes as who knows that you can't trip and plunge headfirst in to that 'glass wall'.
In fact I believe codes require safety glass in most commercial glass store fronts.

Safety glass is mostly replaced with tempered glass in commercial applications. Safety glass isn't always code in some instances.

/ Your thoughts on this framing job
Off of memory, all windows that are close to the floor have to be tempered. I believe it's anything lower then 3 feet. Something about kids being able to break the glass when playing.

/ Your thoughts on this framing job #85  
If the sill is under 18" above the finished floor, it must be tempered, not 3'. And all windows in stairwells or at the bottom of stairs. And glass in doors. Probably a few others out there I missed...