So I bought a new Kubota L2501 hst

/ So I bought a new Kubota L2501 hst #1  

davedj1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
It isn't home yet, either today or tomorrow :) Loaded R4's with block heater and wheel spacers. I am very excited! The dealer said a day or so but had a delay in the shop so my tractor got pushed back, no big deal as I really don't need it yet anyway.
I've been buying, using and selling a few tractors to work my way towards a new tractor. I think the L2501 will be perfect for what I "need" lol
I do want to add a third function remote. I am contemplating just having the dealer install it and be done with it.
I have been reading up on adding it myself with a surplus center electric valve and then trying to source a handle with buttons or even buying the Long kit but at that price point and then still having to install it I may as well have the dealer do it no?

/ So I bought a new Kubota L2501 hst #2  
It isn't home yet, either today or tomorrow :) Loaded R4's with block heater and wheel spacers. I am very excited! The dealer said a day or so but had a delay in the shop so my tractor got pushed back, no big deal as I really don't need it yet anyway.
I've been buying, using and selling a few tractors to work my way towards a new tractor. I think the L2501 will be perfect for what I "need" lol
I do want to add a third function remote. I am contemplating just having the dealer install it and be done with it.
I have been reading up on adding it myself with a surplus center electric valve and then trying to source a handle with buttons or even buying the Long kit but at that price point and then still having to install it I may as well have the dealer do it no?
What did you come up with for cost to do it yourself?

/ So I bought a new Kubota L2501 hst
What did you come up with for cost to do it yourself?

Well the valve is about 159 12/24 Volt DC 13.2 GPM SAE 8 Solenoid Operated Double Selector Valve | Selector Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

hoses are cheap enough if I buy them at surplus center as well, then there is the handle with buttons for the electronics. I would have to sit and draw it up to figure exact cost but we all know how the DIY stuff ends up, sometimes cheaper, sometimes not. LOL

/ So I bought a new Kubota L2501 hst #4  
I just had the dealer install mine before I received my new tractor. $1200 total and the few hundred in labor was worth it for me to have it done right, because if I did it I would probably do a half-***** job. :laughing:

/ So I bought a new Kubota L2501 hst #5  
Congrats on the new tractor, enjoy it. I would have the dealer do the work, be done with it.

/ So I bought a new Kubota L2501 hst #6  
Well the valve is about 159 12/24 Volt DC 13.2 GPM SAE 8 Solenoid Operated Double Selector Valve | Selector Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

hoses are cheap enough if I buy them at surplus center as well, then there is the handle with buttons for the electronics. I would have to sit and draw it up to figure exact cost but we all know how the DIY stuff ends up, sometimes cheaper, sometimes not. LOL
I figured I saved a couple of hundred doing it myself on my 2501. The L4060 I ordered, the dealer is installing. Been there done that kind of thing

/ So I bought a new Kubota L2501 hst #7  
Had the dealer install my land pride third function, very happy, and they did a nice job hiding the hoses and wiring.

/ So I bought a new Kubota L2501 hst #8  
Less headaches if dealer installs plus your cover under warranty.

/ So I bought a new Kubota L2501 hst #9  
I have a l2501 gear drive and love it. They are great tractors for their size. If you search online, you can find several different styles of handles for the third function valve. A lot of people have personal preference over land pride or w.r. Long style handles because of feel and switch position. The cheapest but not the prettiest would be to use the rear remotes if you have one already installed but you would have to use the loader control with one hand and the remote lever with another. Did the dealer have a land pride third function installed on any of the tractors there so you could get a feel for the handle? If you decide to install one yourself it fairly easy. I believe it’s the BY port on the loader you unhook and hook to the out or BY port on the valve and add a hose from BY port on the loader to the in port on the valve. It all depends on personal preference and if its alittle cheaper to do it yourself or if it’s easier to just have the dealer do it and be done.

/ So I bought a new Kubota L2501 hst #10  
Great tractor, you're going to love it.

I wish I had the dealer put a third function and rear remote on mine. Now I ave it and am using the tractor, I do not want to send it back for a few days and get any work done on it. And right now, I don't have the time to do it myself.