BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it....

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it.... #11  
If your bucket is just shy of 60" then that is what you should have ordered. Instructions specify nearest 1/4" (round up or down).

By the way Harbor Freight has the step bit you need for $6.

I DID order 59 3/4. I got 59 3/8 with 59.75 stamped on it. Since the bar is considerably stouter material than the bucket, I won't be sucking up that much slop with the bolts. I like things to be closely fit - spreads the forces out and makes for a lot less damage down the road. I think I'll make the shims and when I am happy with the fit, I will weld the shims into the bucket instead of onto the toothbar. A little extra reinforcement on the corner of the bucket could be a good thing.

I wish they offered the Piranah as a kit. Those of us who weld could then get a perfect fit for our application - even if our bucket is less than perfect.

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it.... #12  
I DID order 59 3/4. I got 59 3/8 with 59.75 stamped on it. Since the bar is considerably stouter material than the bucket, I won't be sucking up that much slop with the bolts. I like things to be closely fit - spreads the forces out and makes for a lot less damage down the road. I think I'll make the shims and when I am happy with the fit, I will weld the shims into the bucket instead of onto the toothbar. A little extra reinforcement on the corner of the bucket could be a good thing.

I wish they offered the Piranah as a kit. Those of us who weld could then get a perfect fit for our application - even if our bucket is less than perfect.
I meant you should have ordered a 60" bar, if that was in fact the nearest 1/4". It should work either way though.

Indeed, the bar is stout, but the tabs are actually a malleable steel. The bars are cut short by design. They are *all* like this.

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it.... #13  
toothbar.jpg

Tightening the bolts will make the end reach the bucket side, but that would be the only contact point. If I shim it, there will be support all the way back.

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it....
From looking at a few install comments the side bars can be moved using a block of wood and a BFH.
I will be more focused on how well the edge of my bucket and the bar line up.

Bummer on the 30 day wait but hopefully they have one sitting there that fits a Kubota.

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it.... #15  
I would say the new help can't read a ruler three choices, refuse and reorder/refund, takes pics to prove point. Internet sales got 30 days for return. Ask for discount say $50 for your time. I'll bet they take the $50 offer.

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it.... #16  
Added a couple pieces of 1/4" plate, secured by the new longer mounting bolts. Now it all lines up properly, and looks right to me. Mounting arms are well supported, with just a little extra work. I just couldn't live with it as supplied.IMG_20190511_155359375_HDR.jpg

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it....
Looks good and a solid fix, pun intended.
Now, let everyone know how good or bad it works!

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it.... #18  
View attachment 603833

Tightening the bolts will make the end reach the bucket side, but that would be the only contact point. If I shim it, there will be support all the way back.
First, looking at your pic... it does not seem you have a 1/4in gap where the bolting point would be, looks like an 1/8in or less. Should be easy to pull up.

Second, I am extremely happy with my PTB for my BX bucket. Used and abused for more than 5 years and it still is in great condition. We have glacial till soil... aka as much rocky than sandy stuff.

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it.... #19  
First, looking at your pic... it does not seem you have a 1/4in gap where the bolting point would be, looks like an 1/8in or less. Should be easy to pull up.

Second, I am extremely happy with my PTB for my BX bucket. Used and abused for more than 5 years and it still is in great condition. We have glacial till soil... aka as much rocky than sandy stuff.

The arm was bent by the c clamp to allow bolting it up. Yes, I could have bolted it up and it would have worked- just would have had a 1/4" gap at the front on both ends. Not what I ordered, nor what I paid for. I could have ground one of the mounting arms off and rewelded it, with the bar being offset of center, or ground off both and rewelded to the ordered dimension. Or sent it back and gotten a refund, or disputed the charge with my credit card company and made them deal with it. I could not accept the fit as it was, as it both looked bad and added stress to all the parts involved - so I used a couple of dollars of material and a few minutes of time and effort to achieve a much better fit. This fix allowed me to keep the excellent factory finish on the toothbar intact, while achieving the mechanical and aesthetic advantages of a proper fit. Everything is lined up close and square.

I tried it out Sunday on some pesky brush and a pile of well-compacted dirt with grass on it. It works great, and I look forward to using it for many years.

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it.... #20  
The arm was bent by the c clamp to allow bolting it up. Yes, I could have bolted it up and it would have worked- just would have had a 1/4" gap at the front on both ends. Not what I ordered, nor what I paid for. I could have ground one of the mounting arms off and rewelded it, with the bar being offset of center, or ground off both and rewelded to the ordered dimension. Or sent it back and gotten a refund, or disputed the charge with my credit card company and made them deal with it. I could not accept the fit as it was, as it both looked bad and added stress to all the parts involved - so I used a couple of dollars of material and a few minutes of time and effort to achieve a much better fit. This fix allowed me to keep the excellent factory finish on the toothbar intact, while achieving the mechanical and aesthetic advantages of a proper fit. Everything is lined up close and square.

I tried it out Sunday on some pesky brush and a pile of well-compacted dirt with grass on it. It works great, and I look forward to using it for many years.
Unfortunate to get off to a bad start. Glad to hear your first go with it was positive!