What did you do to or on your Mahindra today?

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #701  
The gravel clay mix forms a base for the crushed limestone [ we call it Afton stone up here ]. The layer of Afton does not let any water get down into the clay mix. But it generally does not develop pot holes in a light driveway use.

JerryK,
Seems like every region of the country has different "names" for the same stuff. Around here they have what they call "screenings". Looks like it might be your "crushed limestone-Afton". It's about 1/8th inch or less in diameter. Could be mistaken for "pee gravel" if not for the limestone color. Does that sound like your Afton stone?

I have 1/4 mile access road to cover. Already has a good clay & gravel base. Looking for a top dressing to reduce the dust, and add to the stability.

Thanx!

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #702  
JerryK,
Seems like every region of the country has different "names" for the same stuff. Around here they have what they call "screenings". Looks like it might be your "crushed limestone-Afton". It's about 1/8th inch or less in diameter. Could be mistaken for "pee gravel" if not for the limestone color. Does that sound like your Afton stone?

I have 1/4 mile access road to cover. Already has a good clay & gravel base. Looking for a top dressing to reduce the dust, and add to the stability.

Thanx!

Our ' Afton stone ' comes from a deposit in Afton Michigan. That is why they call it that. There are bigger deposits in our U.P., but it cost too much to truck it South over the Mackinaw Bridge. Most of the stone up north get shipped by freighter thru the Great Lake system, probably some goes overseas thru the St. Lawrence. Our Afton is 3/4" and below with the fines. You can get the warshed stuff, but the fines help lock it all together... Probably every part of the country has a different name for the stuff, but I call it GREAT ..... !!!!!

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #703  
CBB03F37-3B49-4FBB-886E-21F12AB386EF.jpeg4A8130C0-2CB4-41ED-A407-C491B073FA41.jpeg00BE2C87-C307-4402-809E-5B16CF8C35EB.jpegGraded the driveway. Mostly box blade work but some back dragging with the loader up by the building

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #704  
I've been clearing dead ash trees from my wooded property. I purchase a new Woods brush cutter, that works great on the smaller stuff, like honey suckle. Woods are built about 8 miles from my house. Heavy duty! I can't believe how powerful the 2555 is. It's a beast!
P1040089.JPGP1040093.JPGP1040087.JPG

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #705  
Couple of years ago I bought a 7' wide aerator/plugger (3 pt hitch). Works great.

Haven't been able to use it this year due to the drought we've had since the grass greened up. Finally got 1-1/2 in of rain over the past 36 hours. Got out today and spent 4 hours plugging the entire 10 acres of bermuda grass. (thought I had a pic of the aerator, but couldn't find it. If anybody wants to see it, I'll take another and post it.)

Got another 1/4" of rain after I finished plugging, and supposed to get more rain tonite and tomorrow. Should do wonders for the lawn.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #706  
1AB67E74-E8E1-4746-8A2C-E1A1713ED975.jpeg
Had my grandson mow the field today. It didn稚 need it that bad but it gave him some stick time.

Tractor has about 90 hours on it now.

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #708  
Pulled some trees up with the 4540. Easy cheesy

/ What did you do to or on your Mahindra today? #710  
Drove to end of my 1/4 mile driveway and picked up the trash and recycling barrels.
Just too far to walk to the end and haul the wheeled trash barrels up hill back to the house.

Two days now we are triple digits and the Max28 sat most of the day.
It does make a great Wheel Barrel to move the trash containers along the long drive.

I need to take a 40 mile trip to the dealers, look at what's new and get some maintenance items.