Quite a shocker let me tell you

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #1  

thearizonarancher

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5035
You need to be very careful if you are considering a Mahindra

I have a Mahindra 5035 diesel tractor with less than 60 hours on it. It is out of warranty. It destroyed the fuel injector pump and the fuel injectors due to a poor design from Mahindra (my opinion). The cost for the four injectors and the injector pump is $5745.10 plus tax plus installation. Now that over four times what a Kubota costs and what other's cost. Kubota has a water extraction system in their tractor which prevents this from happening and Mahindra's poor design and four times pricing makes buying an off brand tractor almost cheaper that repairing the Mahindra. They don't tell you this when you buy it.Nut they are ready to take you for the ~ 6K parts cost and about 2K to repair and replace the defective parts. Beware of Mahindra because they will not help. Even though their design fails, they have refused to help and we still owe over a years payments on the tractor. Talk about poor, crummy, ******, cheesy, just feel like they are cheating us. How would you feel?

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you
Be very careful if you are considering a Mahindra

I am still wondering how they could design something this bad and not come forward and help I have a Mahindra 5035 diesel tractor with less than 60 hours on it. It is out of warranty. It destroyed the fuel injector pump and the fuel injectors due to a poor design from Mahindra (my opinion). The cost for the four injectors and the injector pump is $5745.10 plus tax plus installation. Now that over four times what a Kubota costs and what other's cost. Kubota has a water extraction system in their tractor which prevents this from happening and Mahindra's poor design and four times pricing makes buying an off brand tractor almost cheaper that repairing the Mahindra. They don't tell you this when you buy it.Nut they are ready to take you for the ~ 6K parts cost and about 2K to repair and replace the defective parts. Beware of Mahindra because they will not help. Even though their design fails, they have refused to help and we still owe over a years payments on the tractor. Talk about poor, crummy, ******, cheesy, just feel like they are cheating us. How would you feel?

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #3  
Re: Be very careful if you are considering a Mahindra

All diesels usually have a water separator if not just a fuel bowl. You do need to check it and empty every once in awhile, but if you get bad fuel, it may not be enough.

What happened? Why can't they be rebuilt? what is the model number on the pump or engine? There may be other sources for the parts.

I would check with a diesel turbo / injection shop to see what they can do. Injectors can usually be rebuilt, same as the pump.

If you don't find anyone local, check Superior Turbo & Injection in Detroit. I know people from the other side of the state here in MI that ship them parts, and they will ship back.

I own a 5035 Mahindra diesel tractor. This is what happened. I don't want this to happen to you. I have a Mahindra 5035 diesel tractor with less than 60 hours on it. It is out of warranty. It destroyed the fuel injector pump and the fuel injectors due to a poor design from Mahindra (my opinion). The cost for the four injectors and the injector pump is $5745.10 plus tax plus installation. Now that over four times what a Kubota costs and what other's cost. Kubota has a water extraction system in their tractor which prevents this from happening and Mahindra's poor design and four times pricing makes buying an off brand tractor almost cheaper that repairing the Mahindra. They don't tell you this when you buy it.Nut they are ready to take you for the ~ 6K parts cost and about 2K to repair and replace the defective parts. Beware of Mahindra because they will not help. Even though their design fails, they have refused to help and we still owe over a years payments on the tractor. Talk about poor, crummy, ******, cheesy, just feel like they are cheating us. How would you feel?

Be very careful, Mahindra doesn't seem to be able tp extract water from the diesel

This just happened and I haven't clue how I can pay for it. I still am making payments on our Mahindra 5035 diesel tractor. I have a Mahindra 5035 diesel tractor with less than 60 hours on it. It is out of warranty. It destroyed the fuel injector pump and the fuel injectors due to a poor design from Mahindra (my opinion). The cost for the four injectors and the injector pump is $5745.10 plus tax plus installation. Now that over four times what a Kubota costs and what other's cost. Kubota has a water extraction system in their tractor which prevents this from happening and Mahindra's poor design and four times pricing makes buying an off brand tractor almost cheaper that repairing the Mahindra. They don't tell you this when you buy it.Nut they are ready to take you for the ~ 6K parts cost and about 2K to repair and replace the defective parts. Beware of Mahindra because they will not help. Even though their design fails, they have refused to help and we still owe over a years payments on the tractor. Talk about poor, crummy, ******, cheesy, just feel like they are cheating us. How would you feel?

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #7  
Re: Be very careful, Mahindra doesn't seem to be able tp extract water from the diese

I have a Mahindra 5035 diesel tractor with less than 60 hours on it. It is out of warranty.

This is the oddest statement I have read today.

Though I add 250 to 300 engine hours to my tractor yearly I fuel out of 5 gallon containers and run almost to empty before fueling. Fresh fuel is important to reliable engine performance.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #9  
Re: Be very careful, Mahindra doesn't seem to be able tp extract water from the diese

There are also 2 posts on the same topic.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #10  
Why have you posted this three times?