mowing at night M7060 lights suck

/ mowing at night M7060 lights suck #12  
While I havnt had to do much night work with my M7060, I have an LED light bar on my car and had some on a truck. Our airplanes at work also have switched to LED landing lights. One thing I don’t like about the LED’s, they make very little heat, and in the winter time ice and slush build up on them and does not melt off like a halogen. In another few months I guess I’ll find out how bad these halogens are for night snow blowing.

Kind of surprised you haven't got a ticket. LED light bars are illegal here in the states for on road use. I'd think Canada is more strict. I hate them anyway. Most idiots aim them way too high and it blinds oncoming drivers....me. If I was a cop I could write a pile of tickets... and I would.

/ mowing at night M7060 lights suck #13  
   / mowing at night M7060 lights suck #14  
LED light bars are LEGAL in WA state with restrictions. Must be installed on the front of the car and below the level of the hood. Must only come on with high beam - be off with low beam. Off-road - - apparently no restrictions.

/ mowing at night M7060 lights suck #15  
Title says it all. The lights on my M7060 suck and in the time of LED lights, Kubota missed the boat on this one. IU have quite a few LED lights from a buddy of mine that works for Truck Lite that i am going to mount on my tractor. Anyone have any idea what these wires are for?
View attachment 619982

FWIW, The F & R cab lights on the new M4 are LEDs.

Probably means that all new models will now have LED lamps.

SDT

/ mowing at night M7060 lights suck #16  
FWIW, The F & R cab lights on the new M4 are LEDs.

Probably means that all new models will now have LED lamps.

SDT

Was at my Kubby dealer yesterday (to pick up some items) and I saw that as well. LED's are much better all around but especially on amperage draw.

/ mowing at night M7060 lights suck #17  
Well I can tell you the new 2019 L6060HSTCC tractors do NOT come with LED work lights. I had to wait for mine to ship from Japan and it arrived in July of this year, so I know it is new and it has the crappy halogen lights. My old Massey had better lights. Shame on Kubota.

/ mowing at night M7060 lights suck #18  
What I'd really like to find are LED replacement bulbs for the flashlight bulbs in my M9's. I can see better at night with a candle. I've already replace the cab mount lights (halogen) with LED's but I want to get replacement bulbs for the stock in the front grill headlights complete the job. Any ideas?

/ mowing at night M7060 lights suck #19  
LEDs & HIDs generally emit light from different locations on the bulb than halogens. So if you put a LED or HID in a halogen housing they don't focus properly. Really bad on a road vehicle blinding oncoming traffic, merely poor lighting on tractors. LEDs put off less heat, but degrade quickly if they actually get warm. You need a lot better heatsinks & cooling than you can get on a halogen housing.

LED fixtures or light bars will work a lot better than a retrofit. My power setup is probably overkill. https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/376458-let-there-light-l4060-light.html I might have tried it out without the extra wiring if I had it to do over again. Maybe even using a small cube or bar the size of the old halogen housings if you dont want to build the mounts.

My front bar has a leak & fogged. It still works pretty good after I drained it. I'm not expecting it to last to long. When either bar dies I'll likely replace it with a nicer Ridgid or name brand bar.