How to stop cars from turning around in my driveway

/ How to stop cars from turning around in my driveway
This would not be a big deal, but what set me off is when someone drove into my yard. This one ticks me off though since i have clearly mounted no turn around signs on my post that are visible when you are driving on the road.

I don't know know if I mentioned this, but earlier this year, someone was coming down the hill and destroyed my mailbox that I just installed. Luckily, the guys father was honest and left me note. That is when I decided to install cameras on my lot. The road I live on is a back country road that has a speed limit of 35 MPH. Most people treat it like a race track.

I want to know why so much action happens at the end of my driveway?

/ How to stop cars from turning around in my driveway #192  
No gate up yet.

Why would anyone need a license plate number for this?

They wouldn't. That was sarcasm. This guy is worrying himself to death over people turning around in his driveway. What's gonna happen when somebody actually pulls up to the house and gets out to ask for directions????? Can you even pull up to someones house these days or are there laws against that?

/ How to stop cars from turning around in my driveway #193  
Law of the Universe. What you resist, persists!

/ How to stop cars from turning around in my driveway #194  
I want to know why so much action happens at the end of my driveway?

Because it bothers you, don't let it and they will stop.

/ How to stop cars from turning around in my driveway
No offense and I understand what you are saying, but it bothers me. If I would have had the camera's up when the guy put ruts in my yard, then I would have had something to possibly to go back on. I don't enjoy redoing my yard because there are ignorant people out there.....I just relandscaped that part of the yard. Plus....I don't like people turning around in my driveway.

Because it bothers you, don't let it and they will stop.

/ How to stop cars from turning around in my driveway #196  
Just from the picture it looks like your fence might be in the public right of way. Awful close to the road. Just as those telephone poles are. Have you ever checked to see where the road right of way actually is on that road? Could be a case where someone hits your fence and sues you for placing objects in the right of way. Probably worth checking into.

If it were me, and it bothered me as it does you, I'd just extend the fence into the property enough to pull completely off the road, and put a gate up. You're never going to stop people from entering that driveway apron and backing out without making it hard on yourself to enter and exit the property. Also, make it wide enough for two vehicles to get past each other. Some day, you're going to be pulling out, and a loved one is going to be pulling in. They're gonna have to stop on that street while you either pull out or back up, and while they're waiting for you, they'll get rear-ended. So think about it wisely....

/ How to stop cars from turning around in my driveway #197  
Just from the picture it looks like your fence might be in the public right of way. Awful close to the road. Just as those telephone poles are. Have you ever checked to see where the road right of way actually is on that road? Could be a case where someone hits your fence and sues you for placing objects in the right of way. Probably worth checking into.

If it were me, and it bothered me as it does you, I'd just extend the fence into the property enough to pull completely off the road, and put a gate up.

To be honest, I'd probably pull the fence in a few more feet, put up a gate in a way that leaves enough room for 3 point or U turns outside. Then plant hedges to block the headlights from shining on the house at night.

/ How to stop cars from turning around in my driveway #198  
They wouldn't. That was sarcasm. This guy is worrying himself to death over people turning around in his driveway. What's gonna happen when somebody actually pulls up to the house and gets out to ask for directions????? Can you even pull up to someones house these days or are there laws against that?

The smartphone changed all that, today if someone comes to my door to ask directions, 99.99% would be up to no good.. likely planned on robbing the place if no one answered the door. We had a car on the county road in front of our house recently and only my daughter and grand daughter were home.. Daughter was nervous and went out and asked the woman in the car if she needed help (been there in front of the house on the county road, moving a few feet, stopping, etc for about 20 minutes. My grand daughter plays in the front yard. The woman initially rolled her window up, then down when my daughter approached. Claimed she was looking for an address 1/2 mile down the road. Our address is on the mailbox front and side along with a reflective post that has it. The woman was up to something... she did not go to the house she was asking about.

Perhaps a data point that would help with why my daughter was nervous.. she is a single mom, the dad does NOT have any visitation and is a wacko. She has to be vigilant to protect her daughter.

/ How to stop cars from turning around in my driveway #199  
This is the very reason I have Deer cams hidden and a driveway alert on my bridge... Between the hours of 1am and 3 am had some "up to no good punks " walk up, looking in the windows, hoodies up and covering their faces after they seen the low glow on one cam ( little did they know 5 other cams already got clear pics of their ugly mugs ) since that night after moving into the new (to us) house, Ive been religiously fighting off trespassers cutting through here. The dirt bikes stopped after fencing off the back but still people think its a shortcut to friends or stores...nope, not happening anymore.

Others are running drugs, waking us in the early mornings thinking they are un-seen.. not with the alert letting us know someone has crossed the bridge.

Attachments

• IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 00000170.JPG
    00000170.JPG
    775.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 00000232.JPG
    00000232.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 141
  • 00001246.JPG
    00001246.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 136
   / How to stop cars from turning around in my driveway #200  
lzicc, put up a sign that says:

"Idiots, morons,
and lost souls,
turn around here."

- - - - - - -
Other locations, add a dummy camera or two high up & out of reach.
- - - - - - -
Mine-field.jpg