Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #51  
No.....

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #52  
Brian welcome to the Forum. I recently found the forum after a recent purchase of a RK24 in the Glasgow, Kentucky Store that just opened this year. I found the manager there to be very helpful and did a good job. The tractor has 40 hours on it now and I have really got a lot of work done with it. I will say I have found with the grapple and backhoe attachment it is a very different machine than without the backhoe attachment. That attachment seems to make a nice improvement on the way the tractor handles with a load on the FEL. I keep waiting for the Glasgow store to get some pallet forks in, I would like to look a those.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #53  
It amazes me how those that don't own RK tractors always seem to give their negative opinions of other brands or the company's operation. Some on this forum just love to add their two cents worth on how if we hadn't been so cheap we'd have went with name brand. I feel sorry for those that's feel they must slam owners of other brands. I guess as a military retiree and at 72 years of age I learned to keep my thoughts to myself it they weren't of my concern or directly affecting me. Too bad others don't feel the same way.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #54  
It amazes me how those that don't own RK tractors always seem to give their negative opinions of other brands or the company's operation. Some on this forum just love to add their two cents worth on how if we hadn't been so cheap we'd have went with name brand. I feel sorry for those that's feel they must slam owners of other brands. I guess as a military retiree and at 72 years of age I learned to keep my thoughts to myself it they weren't of my concern or directly affecting me. Too bad others don't feel the same way.

I couldn't agree more Don.

As an outsider, I do read the RK threads and leave with the feeling that non-RK owners are eager to see RK fail miserable for some reason. I suppose they are looking for that so they all can come out of nowhere with the typical response: "You get what you paid for" and so on, if things go bad.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #55  
   / Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #56  

Yes, but it's not just RK it's on all the so call "off" or "minor" brands seems that some people have to try and belittle anything but their brand, doesn't matter if it's tractors or trucks cars, phones what ever they have is the best and anyone that doesn't buy the same is an idiot and will regret their purchase.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #57  
I suppose they are looking for that so they all can come out of nowhere with the typical response: "You get what you paid for" and so on, if things go bad.

What they're getting is a TYM machine that may or may not be supported and serviced by the manufacturer's dealers if the store stops selling them. That has happened several times in the recent past with this and other stores. We've seen the corporate replies here and on other sites to customer and prospective customer inquiries and have been less than impressed. And now the spokesman has suddenly vanished with conflicting explanations as to his departure. I've seen whole product lines disappear from RK stores without notice. We've also seen that TYM has moved into another arrangement, so we wonder if they may pull this plug.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #58  
Yes, but it's not just RK it's on all the so call "off" or "minor" brands seems that some people have to try and belittle anything but their brand,

At least with LS, we're dealing with the manufacturer, not a retail store rebrand. Our concerns as owners is the small dealer network amid hopes for expansion.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #59  
What they're getting is a TYM machine that may or may not be supported and serviced by the manufacturer's dealers if the store stops selling them. That has happened several times in the recent past with this and other stores. We've seen the corporate replies here and on other sites to customer and prospective customer inquiries and have been less than impressed. And now the spokesman has suddenly vanished with conflicting explanations as to his departure. I've seen whole product lines disappear from RK stores without notice. We've also seen that TYM has moved into another arrangement, so we wonder if they may pull this plug.

Like Cabella's ???

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #60  
I've said this several times, but I'll repeat. I hope RK is successful. I have no desire to belittle the brand. TYM has been making tractors for a long, long time. They aren't going anywhere.

But then, that's not the topic of discussion here. It's seller support that's in question.

I have three colors of tractors. They have all three had their problems. If you "search" my threads here you can find several examples of that, which I documented in detail within those threads.

There are many different approaches to entering threads here on TBN. I never, ever start with a brand forum. Each time I come here I go to "My Home" first to read responses to threads I've posted on since last being here. Second stop, if time allows, is "Today's Posts". I go there to look thru the daily topics that come up. I join in any I feel like. I never, ever look to see what forum the particular thread is in. That, to me, is brand bias.

In the case of RK tractors. If only owners of RK tractors posted on threads in the RK Forum the sound of crickets would be deafening. And those threads would miss a lot of valuable input.