Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #61  
I've said this several times, but I'll repeat. I hope RK is successful. I have no desire to belittle the brand. TYM has been making tractors for a long, long time. They aren't going anywhere.

But then, that's not the topic of discussion here. It's seller support that's in question.

I have three colors of tractors. They have all three had their problems. If you "search" my threads here you can find several examples of that, which I documented in detail within those threads.

There are many different approaches to entering threads here on TBN. I never, ever start with a brand forum. Each time I come here I go to "My Home" first to read responses to threads I've posted on since last being here. Second stop, if time allows, is "Today's Posts". I go there to look thru the daily topics that come up. I join in any I feel like. I never, ever look to see what forum the particular thread is in. That, to me, is brand bias.

In the case of RK tractors. If only owners of RK tractors posted on threads in the RK Forum the sound of crickets would be deafening. And those threads would miss a lot of valuable input.

^^^^^^^ well said!

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #62  
Yes, but it's not just RK it's on all the so call "off" or "minor" brands seems that some people have to try and belittle anything but their brand, doesn't matter if it's tractors or trucks cars, phones what ever they have is the best and anyone that doesn't buy the same is an idiot and will regret their purchase.

Maybe a little OT, but that reminded me of one time last year, I was out riding my motorcycle and I stopped to get some gas. There was a guy at the pump opposite of me looking at my bike (it's a BMW R1200GS), and we start talking and he says hes had lots of Harleys, but he's never tried one of those "off brands". I kind of LOL'ed a little, and just went on my way.

I just got my first tractor yesterday-an RK24. I don't have anything to compare it to other than garden tractors, but everything looks and feels very solid, and the tractor guy at my store did a really good job and had answers for all of my questions. I guess only time will tell, but so far I haven't heard much buyer's remorse from many people.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #63  
ovrszd, I too sometimes reply to questions on the other brand forums if i think it might be of some use to their issue. But when gunny asked if he wondered if the unlevel bucket issue was going to be addressed I think he was looking for a response from Brian or someone from corporate. I'm sorry but I fail to see where your reply of "no" added anything of value to his question. I guess we just have different values of what helps a person's issue.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #64  
ovrszd, I too sometimes reply to questions on the other brand forums if i think it might be of some use to their issue. But when gunny asked if he wondered if the unlevel bucket issue was going to be addressed I think he was looking for a response from Brian or someone from corporate. I'm sorry but I fail to see where your reply of "no" added anything of value to his question. I guess we just have different values of what helps a person's issue.

And we'll wait with bated breath for a valuable response to his question.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #65  
Maybe a little OT, but that reminded me of one time last year, I was out riding my motorcycle and I stopped to get some gas. There was a guy at the pump opposite of me looking at my bike (it's a BMW R1200GS), and we start talking and he says hes had lots of Harleys, but he's never tried one of those "off brands". I kind of LOL'ed a little, and just went on my way.

I guess if it doesn't vibrate, it's not a motorcycle :)

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #66  

And we'll wait with bated breath for a valuable response to his question.

After reading many of Ovrszd's posts, I find them to be pretty logical, rational and grounded. I will be watching this thread to see how many posts from now there is a definitive answer to that question.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #67  
After reading many of Ovrszd's posts, I find them to be pretty logical, rational and grounded. I will be watching this thread to see how many posts from now there is a definitive answer to that question.

Me too.

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #68  

Me too!

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #69  
Ok, now have my attention.... Hope we find out....

/ Introduction, RK Purchasing Team, Brian Evans #70  
I'm sorry but I fail to see where your reply of "no" added anything of value to his question.

It's an observation based on a number of previous posts on the issue that have gone without reply, let alone a real answer.