Deer season

/ Deer season #151  
Had a great few days in the field. I hunted opening morning in the stand and evening Saturday in the blind behind the house. Only saw one small fork buck Saturday evening.

2019-11-19_11-30-31

Sunday I did not see any deer but was able to watch a small female bobcat trying to stalk a squirrel. This was really fun to watch. The squirrels sure mad a ruckus once they realized the bobcat was there. Here's a video below of the bobcat.

Bobcat Video - Click picture for video link
20191117_170700_2

I only had about 45 minutes to hunt Monday evening by the time I made it home from work. Due to the limited time I slipped into the box blind behind the house. We built the house in the middle of my favorite hunting spot but still hunt out of the blind. The house sits where there was probably the most deer activity on the property and hasn't seemed to slow them down much since the build. I was only in the blind about 10 minutes before some turkeys showed up followed by the first doe. About 15 minutes before dark this guy showed up and moved to about 200 yards. At that point there were a total of 3 bucks, 9 does, and 6 turkey all in the field at one time. Was able to get a good shot on him as he turned broadside to walk away and dropped him were he was at. I've been chasing a really nice buck and got pretty excited thinking this was him at that distance. It didn't turn out to be the one I was after but he was still a very nice deer. He looked like he has been around awhile. Lots of grey and worn teeth. One of his mains was broken off, probably fighting with the other larger buck I've been seeing. He also had a broken tip on the other side. Overall a great weekend. We are beyond blessed with the opportunity we have here.

2019-11-19_11-31-17

2019-11-19_11-31-45

2019-11-19_11-31-31

/ Deer season #152  
I planted buckwheat and winter rye the deer are always in there!

/ Deer season #153  
I am blessed to own 20 acres in deer paradise of Central MO. Shot this guy with my bow on Nov. 1st. Hoping to come across some of the others that I have on trail camera
fullsizeoutput_cc7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_cd1.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_cc1.jpeg

IMAG0064.JPGSTC_0112.JPG

/ Deer season
Congrats to your wife. Nice looking buck. Did she give up on the muzzle loader?

Yes, lol. Rifle season came in Saturday. This deer is bigger than I thought after the kids and I went and got it. I'm so excited for her. She has been so humble, she didn't ask to go hunt this morning. I ask my boss man yesterday if I could come in late this morning, late lastnight I said "you better get your hunting stuff ready if you going in the morning" it made her so excited.

IMG_3257.jpg

/ Deer season
Had a great few days in the field. I hunted opening morning in the stand and evening Saturday in the blind behind the house. Only saw one small fork buck Saturday evening.

2019-11-19_11-30-31

Sunday I did not see any deer but was able to watch a small female bobcat trying to stalk a squirrel. This was really fun to watch. The squirrels sure mad a ruckus once they realized the bobcat was there. Here's a video below of the bobcat.

Bobcat Video - Click picture for video link
20191117_170700_2

I only had about 45 minutes to hunt Monday evening by the time I made it home from work. Due to the limited time I slipped into the box blind behind the house. We built the house in the middle of my favorite hunting spot but still hunt out of the blind. The house sits where there was probably the most deer activity on the property and hasn't seemed to slow them down much since the build. I was only in the blind about 10 minutes before some turkeys showed up followed by the first doe. About 15 minutes before dark this guy showed up and moved to about 200 yards. At that point there were a total of 3 bucks, 9 does, and 6 turkey all in the field at one time. Was able to get a good shot on him as he turned broadside to walk away and dropped him were he was at. I've been chasing a really nice buck and got pretty excited thinking this was him at that distance. It didn't turn out to be the one I was after but he was still a very nice deer. He looked like he has been around awhile. Lots of grey and worn teeth. One of his mains was broken off, probably fighting with the other larger buck I've been seeing. He also had a broken tip on the other side. Overall a great weekend. We are beyond blessed with the opportunity we have here.

2019-11-19_11-31-17

2019-11-19_11-31-45

2019-11-19_11-31-31

That's awesome! Congratulations!

/ Deer season
   / Deer season #160  
Had some success with my gun this time. He was chasing some does and came in to the grunt call. Been a great year on my little 20 acres

NO1jRD%1Ra6zJYWz0glo0A.jpgA0isdPMGRK6WQhx65En9NA.jpg