"Free vintage tractor to anyone who wants to come get it"

/ "Free vintage tractor to anyone who wants to come get it" #1  

CobyRupert

Tractor
JD 5075E
An astounding view from 17,5’ beneath... - White Stars, Black Sea | Facebook
"An astounding view from 17,500 beneath the surface of the sea - a 1941 International Harvester sits still chained to the deck of USS Hornet (CV-8), lost during the Battle of the Santa Cruz Islands, October 27th, 1942.

Photo credit to Navigea LTD, January 2019"
I-H.jpg

/ "Free vintage tractor to anyone who wants to come get it" #3  
I dunno... The tires look pretty good on that old one. And the decal on the side is doing well too.. Maybe saltwater storage is the preferred method?

/ "Free vintage tractor to anyone who wants to come get it" #4  
Be sure to add anti-fungal additive to the fuel tank before starting!:laughing:

/ "Free vintage tractor to anyone who wants to come get it" #5  
Be sure to add anti-fungal additive to the fuel tank before starting!:laughing:

yes for sure..:)

However. I saw a video of a WW2 aircraft brought up from one of the great lakes a few years ago, and they rebuilt the engine and put it into a flyable airframe and it is now a working aircraft. You would have to wonder if it would be possible to clean up old tractor and make it run again. Wouldn't that be something?

/ "Free vintage tractor to anyone who wants to come get it" #6  
Am I correct in assuming there's not enough oxygen in the water at that depth to deteriorate the tractor??

/ "Free vintage tractor to anyone who wants to come get it" #7  
that might still be Government property. International law says warships remain the property of the respective Government that lost it. I'm not sure about property being transported on one, though..

/ "Free vintage tractor to anyone who wants to come get it" #8  
yes for sure..:)

However. I saw a video of a WW2 aircraft brought up from one of the great lakes a few years ago, and they rebuilt the engine and put it into a flyable airframe and it is now a working aircraft. You would have to wonder if it would be possible to clean up old tractor and make it run again. Wouldn't that be something?

Seen some pretty neglected and abused barnyard Buick's brought back from the dead so anything is possible.

/ "Free vintage tractor to anyone who wants to come get it" #9  
That’s impressive. Thanks for sharing.
Was it normal to carry something like that into battle?

/ "Free vintage tractor to anyone who wants to come get it" #10  
I assume it was part of the onboard equipment. Can't think of any reason to simply be hauling someone's tractor during battle.