Pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Pet peeves #1,811  
I'm the opposite way on haircut... about a decade ago I settled on a #2 clipper on back and sides and #3 on top, that lasts me about 3 months until it starts going over my ears then it's off to get my money's worth. I have a LOT of hair so the cheap DIY clippers don't work well... someone that knows their way around clippers can get mine cut sufficiently in about 5 minutes... I gave up years ago trying to do anything with my hair... For that amount of work, it's hard for me to justify more than the $18 it costs anymore... although I've never worked where tips are a thing so didn't realize until embarrassingly recently that they aren't paid much so I started tipping...

I'm on the fence on those table top gizmos for paying, they only seem to work half the time and have annoying adds and take up too much real estate...

/ Pet peeves #1,813  
It was weird seeing the unmarked car doing traffic stops.

Not weird at all. Very common. But I feel it should be illegal. We won't get into why as it strays too far from this board.

What was weird was the half marked cars I remember in the 80s. Rear and left/driver's side completely unmarked, not even a spotlight. Even the license plate was a normal plate, not municipal/official. Front and right/passenger side were fully marked, graphics, lights, spotlights. Reasoning was to fully hide in plain sight as traffic approached from the rear, no indication at all it was a unit. As they approached a car they were trying to stop and took their position behind and to the left, everything was visible to the other car.

/ Pet peeves #1,814  
It was weird seeing the unmarked car doing traffic stops.

Very common here.
With the traffic flying yesterday and today, I wish more of them were out.

/ Pet peeves #1,815  
Where was that at? We had unmarked Mustangs and Camaros here several years ago.
Not weird at all. Very common. But I feel it should be illegal. We won't get into why as it strays too far from this board.

What was weird was the half marked cars I remember in the 80s. Rear and left/driver's side completely unmarked, not even a spotlight. Even the license plate was a normal plate, not municipal/official. Front and right/passenger side were fully marked, graphics, lights, spotlights. Reasoning was to fully hide in plain sight as traffic approached from the rear, no indication at all it was a unit. As they approached a car they were trying to stop and took their position behind and to the left, everything was visible to the other car.

/ Pet peeves #1,816  
Where was that at? We had unmarked Mustangs and Camaros here several years ago.

Suburb of Detroit.

What was even funnier was Dearborn. They had a contract with Ford for durability testing. It wasn't uncommon to see fully marked Lincoln Town cars, top of the line Mustangs or other cars nobody had at the time. They were the first to test some of the pickups and Broncos. They were also one of the first cities I recall using Opticom traffic light controllers for emergency vehicles.

/ Pet peeves #1,818  
Ohio requires any police vehicle used for traffic enforcement to be marked and exterior lights

/ Pet peeves #1,819  
Probably about 40 or 50 years ago there was a sign on a highway near where I grew up indicating planes were used for speed enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.