Pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Pet peeves #1  

bunyip

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK 5810 HST
1. We have a road that does not carry a lot of traffic, it is sealed but narrow so that you have to run two wheels in the dirt when passing, some just refuse to move over, I ease back out and make a point of giving them no choice.
2. Go away to an event or for a few days and take your camp chairs with you, someone comes up and joins you with no chair and states that they never take one but just pull up a log or whatever, you go for a toilet break then come back and find they have planted themselves in your chair and are very difficult to extricate.
3. We have a lot of well maintained gravel roads in the area that I use a lot and travel on these at 100kph without any problems, our town hosts a couple of car shows a year and they often go out for a look around then get snakey when I pass the opposite way at 100, I do it every day and on my way somewhere, if your pride and joy is a restored whatever don't take it on dirt/gravel roads and expect people to slow for you, it is safe but throws up a bit of dust and I live here, the locals all do the same thing.
What annoys you?

/ Pet peeves #2  
The chair thing.....

Or you save a chair at an event with your coat, or put a drink down. Go get something, and find someone sat in your place, or has moved your coat, etc...

Last edited:
   / Pet peeves #3  
^^^^^ same and #2 I have a 56 Chev, that I would hate to see gravel coming at it @ 100 kph. :confused3:

/ Pet peeves #4  
Loud eaters, being late for anything, waiting for anyone who's late to anything (this is a daily event with my wife).

/ Pet peeves #5  
People who don't take care of their things, bad drivers and poorly cooked food.

/ Pet peeves
Loud eaters, being late for anything, waiting for anyone who's late to anything (this is a daily event with my wife).

My wife is always late so I lie about start times so we just make it, and we get in the car then darts back in the house to just get a (insert appropriate item here) then farts around for another 20 minutes.
#2 these roads only go to farms and no points of interest and travelling 20-30km I do want to get there, there are plenty of sealed roads and points of interest, I go out, pick up or drop off something then want to get back asap.
Another pet hate, McDonalds calling themselves a restaurant, offerings are sickly sweet, greasy and salty, a real turn off for me.

/ Pet peeves #7  
Our country gravel roads are normally 25 mph or some as high as 35 mph. They simply are not safe at 100 kph( 62 mph ). Obviously - different construction standards.

People who stand and BS in the isles while I'm trying to get my shopping done at Costco. I've been asked to not run them down by Costco staff. I use their big livery carts when I shop. The urge to run them down is almost uncontrollable.

People who can not see me when I'm on my motorcycle.

People who are upset and have the gall to come and tell me I should not have bought my Power Wagon because it gets poor mileage. BTW - now that it's getting broken in - approaching 18 mpg.

/ Pet peeves
I am allowed to travel at 100kph (about 60ish mph) on gravel roads but commonsense dictates when it is not safe to do so, some are corrugated which will either see you lose control or destroy your front end, others are hard packed sandy material with no stones, of course some will ignore conditions regardless of posted speed limits but how do you idiotproof roads?
Full time 4WD's handle these conditions well such as my Hyundai, also called AWD.
My BX has a top speed of 19kph, I have had it up to 10 and it was a frightening experience.

/ Pet peeves #9  
No manners selfish rude.

/ Pet peeves #10  
People who blow their grass clippings out into the street while mowing the lawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.