Work boots

/ Work boots #112  
I get Wolverines just because they are one of the few that offer wide widths (3E-4E etc). The last model I bought was a Harrison. When I was a working stiff I would get 2-3 years out of them.

About 1-2 times a year a shoe truck would show up at the plant. They would do payroll deductions which I'm sure some employees liked. I bought a pair of $70 work boots and they didn't even make it a year.

As far as Shoe Goo mentioned after about 6 months I coat the toe of the boot with Shoe Goo. It really reduces the beating a boot toe takes when there's a steel toe under it. It's an old trick I learned form my cave exploration days to makes boots last longer due to crawling and toes dragging on rocks.

/ Work boots #113  
I just ordered a pair of Wesco custom made boots. Came to the conclusion that he money I spend in the long run is worth the price.

Wesco(R) | About Us

/ Work boots #115  
Wesco(R) | Stock Boots $$472.00, WOW lets get back to realty........ Welding in a shipyard most welder/ship-fitters go through boots in 1-2 years, if the toe dont wear out the stitching, insole or leather upper does. Man if I could afford those I'd be having a 80 hp tractor with fully loaded cab.....................

/ Work boots #116  
Wesco(R) | Stock Boots $$472.00, WOW lets get back to realty........ Welding in a shipyard most welder/ship-fitters go through boots in 1-2 years, if the toe dont wear out the stitching, insole or leather upper does. Man if I could afford those I'd be having a 80 hp tractor with fully loaded cab.....................

I'm pretty hard on boots also. And I'm a comfort freak for my feet. Wesco, Danner, and Whites cost more, but considering the time they last plus you are able to rebuild them, do the math.

Mark Knopfler - Quality Shoe - YouTube

Nothing like a quality shoe.

/ Work boots #117  
I have found that I must try on multiple brands to find the one that fits best. Certain brands seem to fit my feet better than others so I always try those along with others that appeal to me. Work boots I haven’t settled on a favorite after many years but ‘athletic’ shoes I seem to keep going with Asics. They always fit the best.

/ Work boots #118  
I wish I could find another pair of non steel toe, waterproof laced prospector boots. Had mine for maybe fifteen years!

But short of laced boots or full length pull on boots, what are the options? Everyone including women are wearing these short non-laced leather boots with the elastic feature. I don't like the style particularly and if you own a pair two years from now, people are probably gonna look at you funny. Kind of like a Woman daring to wear Uggs in publuic today.

/ Work boots #120  
Sorry. Just like NEON windshield wipers or outerwear.