Work boots

/ Work boots #61  
I still want to try on a pair of whites. I have tried on several other logger boots and they just are not right for my foot. I have a pair of Redwing electrician boots (us made) that I have owned for at least 6 years. I just took them in to have them resoled in an aggressive vibram sole. They are well broken in and quite comfortable. I will probably have new insoles put in as well. In addition, I have some Danner Pronghorn boots..insulated, that I wore hunting the last two years and also wore to do a lot of farm chores and wood cutting this year. Probably buy new hunting boots next year, since I don't thin you can get the smell of chainsaw oil and exhaust out of boots. Have some heavy insulated Rocky boots that I never even put on this year, Some muck boots, that get used when it is especially wet and cold outside, a pair of Oakley boots that were surprisingly comfortable. don't know where they were made but I am sure they are imports from the 3rd world. We will see how they last.
One thing..I never wear the same pair of boots or shoes two days in a row. I learned a long time ago that you need to let your shoes air out and fully dry or they will begin to rot....and so will your feet.

/ Work boots #62  
301 Moved Permanently
No foot, no horse
Made in America one by one. Quality with a capital Q.
Nick's boots.
The link title looks weird, but it works. Nick's boots. getum!

Last edited:
   / Work boots #63  
The problem with USA made boots is they don;t make boots like the Wolverine 4664, I want pull on boots, I have to have ST toe boot, and is just to much to ask why a US boot Co. cant make a boot with built in toe protector like this, I search from here to Timbuktu and cant find any.
Wolverine Crawford All Weather Welt WP Steel Toe Wellington 4664

/ Work boots #64  
Whites boots! You get what you pay for when it comes to boots.

This^^

Only boots I have that have lasted more than a year, I'm actually on year three and think I'll send them in for a rebuild next year.

/ Work boots #65  
So the story goes, the first Cowboy Boot was made by some brothers here in Olathe, Kansas.......the Hyer Boot Company. Google it, for it is an interesting read. I guess the main problem was needing a good heel and a more pointed toe to engage the stirrups and yet not allow the boot to entangle for dismount etc.

/ Work boots #66  
Boots are such a pain to get for some reason. I can buy most shoes and not have a problem but boots.....

I have a couple of expensive work boots that just do not fit right even though they felt right in the store. :confused3: The next pair of woods work boots I get I will seriously consider buy White's. They might cost more up front but I think they will last me for decades. Ironically, I wore a pair of work boots my dad bought at Sears back in the 60's or 70s. Those boots fit me for some reason. I wore them on some jobs that were tough on boots and we resoled them at least once until the leather tops just wore out. He got his money worth out of those boots. :thumbsup::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I bought a pair of Bates boots that are work boots but I don't use them in the woods. I have been wearing the boots every day since August/September of 2014 with the only exception being some time in the summer. During 2014 and 2015 I would put at least 3 miles on the boots a day and this year I am walking at least 5 miles on most days and peaking around 10-12 miles in these boots. They are almost like new. The only problem I had breaking them in is the tongue is annoying for a while. :confused3: The reviews mentioned this and I thought I was going to have to send the boots back but eventually the tongue issue went away. Go Figure. :confused3:

Later,
Dan

/ Work boots #67  
In my part of world, although steel toes would be safer for work, I am more worried about critters. I wear these, but my gosh are they hot in the Texas summer. When I can't take it, I go with the tried and true Justin Roper.

rocky.jpg

The good news on the Rocky boot is that other than the heat, it is amazingly comfortable. I actually wear during hunting season because they are warm and comfortable, even though the snakes are hidden away. Not sure they still make this style, but I really like the brand.

The Ropers are nice because they are available with a rubber sole, are waterproof within reason. Like someone else posted about another brand, I have a couple of pairs and when my working pair gets too warn, I replace with my "dressier" pair, and replace those with new. Good rotation for under $100 per.

/ Work boots #68  
I bought the ones I posted up on p-64, 3 months ago, if I get a year out of them, I'll buy another pair. It has a replaceable insole, made it easy to put another soft half cushion underneath. I like the added toe protector, keeps the leather from wearing off in a few months, my welding job is hard on boot toes.

/ Work boots #69  
I picked up the Oakley SI light assault boot because it was on sale...I figured I would take a chance. I love them. It's a suade/split leather type boot so I don't wear them when it's going to be wet but for dry and dusty/dirty conditions it is great and very comfortable. Took about 2 hours of wear and I felt it was like an old pair of tennis shoes. Very comfortable but with decent support. The sole is aggressive and gives a good grip.

/ Work boots #70  
An update, I got about 16-18 months out of the Red wings. Not truly worn out, but just worn down I guess. So, work now pays $100 towards boots, and I got $99 Justin JUSTIN ORIGINAL WORKBOOTS #WK4688 DRILLER BROWN STEEL TOE (same boot, but not same color, bit to flashy for me), and I have had them for 11 months. When I get to 1 full year, I get another boot allowance, and they will be ready to replace. They are pretty light, not bad looking, and somewhere between the Justin Orginal Workboot and the Red wings in comfort. For the price ($99.99), I am happy to get a year out of them, and probably will get a similar pair again .