How To Mow Farther Toward Treeline

/ How To Mow Farther Toward Treeline #21  
If I had that much overgrowth, (several acres) I think I would just hire a dozer (or FECON type machine) to just come in and clear it up. Pay once and be done. Fence lines can be controlled with a pole saw but still need to be done about every couple years. Tree limbs always grow toward the light so either get rid of the trees or just resign to the fact that they need to be trimmed regularly.
Around my fence lines I just keep them trimmer up high enough to drive my tractor under them without touching. For encroaching scrub brush, you need to clear it back to whatever line you want (fenceline, property line etc) and then keep the saplings mowed down or sprayed with 2-4D brush killer.

/ How To Mow Farther Toward Treeline #23  
If I had that much overgrowth, (several acres) I think I would just hire a dozer (or FECON type machine) to just come in and clear it up. Pay once and be done. Fence lines can be controlled with a pole saw but still need to be done about every couple years. Tree limbs always grow toward the light so either get rid of the trees or just resign to the fact that they need to be trimmed regularly.
Around my fence lines I just keep them trimmer up high enough to drive my tractor under them without touching. For encroaching scrub brush, you need to clear it back to whatever line you want (fenceline, property line etc) and then keep the saplings mowed down or sprayed with 2-4D brush killer.

A dozer would be nice, but the brush was so tangled into the fence, that the fence would have been torn down. Owner didn't want to do that.
The property in my pictures was let-go for 10 years and the left side of the fence has no machine access, it's wetlands.

/ How To Mow Farther Toward Treeline #24  
   / How To Mow Farther Toward Treeline #25  

That is a problem (depending on tree type):
The first year you take a chainsaw & cut the branches that grow out of the trunk up to a height of ~10' , as these are the ones that hit your head/ROPS/exhaust stack.
The next year you find it's next higher set of branches that start 10'-16' high on the trunk and grow down and hit your head/ROPS/exhaust stack, so you get a pole saw and cut those too.
Then the next year it's the branches in the 16'-20' range that grow down....

/ How To Mow Farther Toward Treeline #26  
It's a never-ending battle!:punch:

/ How To Mow Farther Toward Treeline #27  
It's a never-ending battle!:punch:

And as a farmer, I can say it's a money loser, too. But you have no choice.....'sides, it makes for some winter work.

/ How To Mow Farther Toward Treeline #28  
somebody makes a mower on a boom for mowing embankments that are very steep, it must be at least 6' long. the tractor stays on a level surface..

/ How To Mow Farther Toward Treeline #29  
Best/cheapest thing are the Lane Shark mowers.
Pretty cool and affordable.

Attachments

• 29BEAEB4-59AD-41D1-8F0E-B350376187E8.jpeg
    29BEAEB4-59AD-41D1-8F0E-B350376187E8.jpeg
    580.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 746A9E51-58F4-4D6F-A194-1E18969D8318.jpeg
    746A9E51-58F4-4D6F-A194-1E18969D8318.jpeg
    764.2 KB · Views: 147
   / How To Mow Farther Toward Treeline #30  
I like it, but does it have any provision for break-away? My Ditch bank mower comes out of a spring loaded catch if you hit something, and it does that fairly regularly. That's on the 3ph. Loader mount would be even more important.