Jury orders John Deere to pay $5 million for Stillwater man's tractor death

/ Jury orders John Deere to pay $5 million for Stillwater man's tractor death #161  
That's true. That's what you said.

I was referring to "operator error" in the sense that many in this thread are blaming the operator in the original story for rolling the tractor, even though it wasn't equipped properly from Deere when delivered.

I agree. :thumbsup:

/ Jury orders John Deere to pay $5 million for Stillwater man's tractor death #163  
What a lot of people don't think about is that when you sue a corporation, you have just sued everyone that buys their product, and everyone that works for them and everyone that supplies them. Corporations don't "pay" when you win a lawsuit against them, EVERYONE pays. They just pass on the results of lawsuits to the public. it results in higher prices for everyone. You don't think the board or CEO take a pay cut because they lost a lawsuit do you? Same with taxes.. Corporations don't pay taxes either. Never have never will. YOU pay the extra corporate taxes when the idiots that raise taxes decide to tax corporations. Silly people think corporations pay taxes. "we are going to make those fat cats pay their fair share".. Right. keep on believing that if you like. :)

/ Jury orders John Deere to pay $5 million for Stillwater man's tractor death #164  
Google insurance costs for a 6 ft ladder... You know how many morons fall off of a 6 ft ladder? And, then sue for it? When I was about 15 working on a dairy farm, the old farmer was heating up a bolt with a small propane blow torch. Guess who the dummy was that picked it up on the wrong end... burned the s@#t out of my fingers. I Never cried, and Never sued him... AND I never did that again.

It probably didn't take you long to "inspect" that bolt either.. ;)

/ Jury orders John Deere to pay $5 million for Stillwater man's tractor death #165  
What a lot of people don't think about is that when you sue a corporation, you have just sued everyone that buys their product, and everyone that works for them and everyone that supplies them. Corporations don't "pay" when you win a lawsuit against them, EVERYONE pays. They just pass on the results of lawsuits to the public.

Same thing when people sue for police misconduct. Now if that money were to come out of their Pension Funds or the Unions ....

/ Jury orders John Deere to pay $5 million for Stillwater man's tractor death #166  

I was referring to "operator error" in the sense that many in this thread are blaming the operator in the original story for rolling the tractor, even though it wasn't equipped properly from Deere when delivered.

Can you show me that he read the owners Manual? If you can稚 then it痴 operator error! If you can it痴 operator error!

/ Jury orders John Deere to pay $5 million for Stillwater man's tractor death #167  

The tractor did not roll because it wasn't equipped properly from the dealer. It rolled because of operator area. That's the entire point of contention in this thread.

I say operator error.

You say dealer error.

It's all good. Or actually all bad.....

/ Jury orders John Deere to pay $5 million for Stillwater man's tractor death #168  
Can you show me that he read the owners Manual? If you can稚 then it痴 operator error! If you can it痴 operator error!

Dang it,,,, wish I had said that......

/ Jury orders John Deere to pay $5 million for Stillwater man's tractor death #169  
The tractor did not roll because it wasn't equipped properly from the dealer. It rolled because of operator area. That's the entire point of contention in this thread.

I say operator error.

You say dealer error.

It's all good. Or actually all bad.....

Let's make something clear. I'm not advocating for either side. Yes, the guy should have read the manual(s) for his tractor and loader (which is(are)confusing). However, Deere should have ballasted the machine correctly before delivery as it was supposed to have done per their own admission. Both are at fault, in my opinion. I think, given the facts that I was able to read, I'd say 60Deere/40Operator.

/ Jury orders John Deere to pay $5 million for Stillwater man's tractor death #170  
Let's make something clear. I'm not advocating for either side. Yes, the guy should have read the manual(s) for his tractor and loader (which is(are)confusing). However, Deere should have ballasted the machine correctly before delivery as it was supposed to have done per their own admission. Both are at fault, in my opinion. I think, given the facts that I was able to read, I'd say 60Deere/40Operator.

I'm not advocating for either side either.

00Deere, 00Dealer, 100Operator.