Help choosing indoor security camera

/ Help choosing indoor security camera #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
We are about ten days away from having our first litter of puppies and my wife is losing her mind. She has gone full crazy on having to have a camera to watch them when she is at work, or more importantly, to watch the mom to see if she's going into labor, so she can leave work and be home with her.

This morning I stopped her from buying a $160 camera that also feeds dogs treats because Bobby Bones mentioned it on his radio show. He said that his favorite thing to do is watch his dogs on his Iphone during the day. So I'm tying to figure out what we need, and not pay for what we don't need.

She has AT&T with an IPhone. I think it's a 8 or a 10, but I'd have to double check to be sure if that mattered. She want's to be able to watch our girl who is in a room away from the other dogs, with her own doggy door and fenced off yard that she can come and go from whenever she wants.

Ring is the one that I've heard of the most, but that doesn't mean it's the best. Just that it's the most advertised.

Who has what, and do you recommend it? We just need a single indoor camera for now that she can watch on her Iphone.

Thank you.

/ Help choosing indoor security camera #2  
Check out Wyze cameras. Don't use them but know someone that does. Best bang for the $$$

/ Help choosing indoor security camera #3  
X2 on the wyzecam. I have one on my front porch that works pretty good. You can add a micro sd card if you want it to record longer videos but it will store 12 second clips on the cloud for a couple days you can download. About the only thing I don't like about it is there is no web interface. You have to do everything from your phone. You can email downloaded clips, upload to YouTube, or pull the sd card and copy to a computer.

If you buy a micro sd card I will warn against the SanDisk brand. I've had 3 of those fail on me. They are the only mfg I've seen that has a warranty disclaimer against using their cards in anything that loop records.

Here is a nighttime clip I uploaded from mine. I bought the pan tilt version but I ended up turning that feature off later because it started turning itself around backwards and parking. It may be worth buying the one with that feature. You can always disable it so it just points one direction if you encounter any problems with it. As you can see in this video the pan feature is pretty cool when it works because it will follow the subject of movement.

/ Help choosing indoor security camera #4  
Another note on the Wyzecam. The quality is better on the phone and downloaded clips. YouTube compresses some of the clarity out. It records in 1080P.

The Wyxecam is wifi only so no wiring other than the power. You can monitor it from anywhere as long as your home network is on. I can check mine from out of state.

Here was another thread I posted on this camera.
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/videos/414520-kitty-standing-up-fox.html

Last edited:
   / Help choosing indoor security camera #5  
I use the Wyze camera's great value and when hooked to Wifi you can view and or shut camera on or off!! I bought mine a Home Depot under $30 you can get one that you can rotate also for about $10 more!!

/ Help choosing indoor security camera #7  
I just bought the blink cameras from Amazon. The selling points for me were:

- No wiring, so can be placed anywhere indoor/outdoor and the position changed for changing needs.
- No monthly subscription costs.

Home Security Camera | Blink Home Security Camera Systems | Blink

Chris

That is an interesting option for outdoor use. Battery life claim is pretty outstanding. Not worth the extra $75 if you just want an indoor camera you can plug in.

Have you tested the wifi range for distance?

/ Help choosing indoor security camera #8  
<snip>

Who has what, and do you recommend it? We just need a single indoor camera for now that she can watch on her Iphone.

Thank you.
Another vote for Wyze. For her use I'd recommend the Wyze Pan Cam or several V2's.
I've about 15 cams (mostly V2's) deployed at any one time, so I'm an addict.
But you can pick up a Pan cam at Home Depot for $40.
NOTE - Wyze does not do Windoze.
Simple to set up, very active user support forum, good mfg support.
I've had several running for about a year now, very few failures.

/ Help choosing indoor security camera #9  
Check out Wyze cameras. Don't use them but know someone that does. Best bang for the $$$

I’ve been through a few different cams and I’m sold on the Wyze. I’ve got the ones that pan and tilt. The service is free for what I need and the cams are cheap.

I have little advice for a wife who is losing her mind......emotional transference is the term that seems to describe this phenomenon.

Wyze Cam Pan 1080p Pan/Tilt/Zoom Wi-Fi Indoor Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Works with Alexa & the Google Assistant, White - WYZECP1 Amazon.com : Wyze Cam Pan 1:Dp Pan/Tilt/Zoom Wi-Fi Indoor Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Works with Alexa & the Google Assistant, White - WYZECP1 : Camera & Photo

/ Help choosing indoor security camera #10  
A friend just got a 5 pack bundle of the Amazon Blink XT2 cameras. He is very pleased with them.. No contracts, no wires, etc. I was looking at the 2 pack or perhaps 3 pack bundle. You want the bundle so you get the sync module.